> > > Class Question Q&A Contest Submissions

Messages in topic: Class Question Q&A Contest Submissions
boneboss
Premium User

Nbr post: 1
Register: 2/10/02
Posted: 3/11/12, 1:55 PM

Class: Necromancer
Why does the Alternate Advancement "Mana Burn" usually do Critical damage for Wizards but the AA "Life Burn" for Necromancers NEVER Crit? I have not heard a reasonable explanation for this inconsistancy.
zorak1919

Nbr post: 2
Register: 3/11/12
Posted: 3/11/12, 2:03 PM

Class Paladin
Do you ever intend to fix slay undead or increase the effectiveness of the ability so that it goes off more like it did years before it was fixed?
afai

Register: 3/4/07
Posted: 3/11/12, 2:04 PM

Paladin:

It has always been argued what Paladins should focus on. Should our primary concern be a Secondary Tank, Heal and Cure support or focus as Main Tank and concentrate on our defensive AA? Question here is what the Paladin’s main role is based on Gear that is attainable just by grouping. I would really like to know how to address new players who do not have access to raid gear and will more likely be playing in the F2P scenario thus limiting their AA count. Which role would be best suited given these factors?
zorak1919

Nbr post: 2
Posted: 3/11/12, 2:06 PM

Class Paladin
Are the dev's trying to turn us into clerics? We keep getting multiple multiple aa's that increase healing etc. Alot of these abilities we can't use if were tanking current voa raid targets,cause we do not live long enough to use them. We are probally the second best healing class beyond clerics now and lots of time i see myself healing instead of dealing with adds or other parts of raid targets.
Kaindran

Posted: 3/11/12, 2:51 PM

Enchanter/Bard

Question: With the heavy focus on group support for these classes will you in the future still design encounters around ensuring having skilled crowd control as essential part of the fight, and if so what are some examples of how you intend to make this game play style evolve and remain a fun aspect to the group dynamic.
izacki

Posted: 3/11/12, 3:41 PM

Class: Ranger

Is the possibility of adding an animal, like an eagle, to a spell we already have such as Eagle Eye. It wouldn't attack so it wouldn't change our DPS, just as the wizards familiar doesn't doing any damage. I was also thinking it could circle our target letting our group know what our target is.
Menehune1

Nbr post: 6
Posted: 3/11/12, 3:47 PM

Class: Magician

I've always enjoyed playing the Magician because of the pet illusions. Instead of the usual necro, beastmaster, shaman, SK, chanter pets, I really enjoyed having the Monster Summoning pet. Is there one in the works? I mean we used to summon a pet, and it creates a pet , according to mobs in zone. You then see if pet casts, its a caster type, and you resummon depending on what type of pet it is. It breaks down on the monotony of having the same pet over and over and pet illusion. I loved having different pets.
Menehune1

Posted: 3/11/12, 3:56 PM

Class: Bard

It was always a pet peeve of mine that bards couldn't use mod rods, or the small, medium, large summoned magician rods. All other mana classes can use it to recover from a death or similar event. But my biggest pet peeve is that after playing 12 years, and we have the veteran rewards, we do not get any mana when using staunch recovery. Why? It is a vet reward, earned like my other toons. Kind of moot when all it does is replace hp, my merc can do that.
Slipshadow

Posted: 3/11/12, 4:00 PM

Rangers.

Since Everquest developers have never understood what Rangers are (most people, including appearently developers, mistakenly believe ranger is a derivative of range combat, which is wrong, it means one who ranges over an area. Rangers are (in most other fantasy genres) a fast and far reaching combat force that can use a variety of weapons and aromrs as the situation calls for.
That being said, and knowing EQ is an older game, why not allow rangers to wear heavier armors (making them a tanking class, while penalizing their DPS, spells, and certain abilities) or wear lighter armor/garments (increasing their DPS/Archery ability, spell casting, and certain abilities).
This would give rangers an unpresidented flexibility in the game and would be a major change, but given the state of EQ I don't see it hurting the game, also players would have the ablity to fill more roles in a group and thus perhaps spur grouping as opposed to merc'ing
Menehune1

Posted: 3/11/12, 4:03 PM

All Classes: Epics

It's always been a PITA to do epics, as well as not being able to use them in higher content, really doesn't help when you are fighting VoA mobs, when you can equip better weapons. I've submitted feedback to SoE on this. Too many people do their epics and it sits in a bank or bags , till they use it for the clicky. The most useful was the Cleric imho, who still use it. My question is why don't they make Epics where when you complete 2.0, it creates a ornamentation, that you can add to your newly acquired higher end weapons? Ex: you gain a weapon in raid, but it looks like everyone else who has the same weapon, but you click on your Epic, create an ornamentation, and augment your weapon. It now looks like your epic? Wouldn't that be kewl to have pallies with their flaming swords, Warriors with their light sabers? Casters with their Staffs? Might actually make it worthwhile to go get your epic don't you think?
Phantasma

Posted: 3/11/12, 5:01 PM

Class: Enchanter

Enchanters are the Masters of charming... My question is why are the charmed pets as limited as they are??? What I mean by my question is: It is my understanding that once upon a time a charmed pet put off as much damage as it did when it wasn't charmed but now they don't... What makes them all of a sudden unable to hit as hard???... If the enchanter is the master of charming, why can't we control a healer class mob to heal??? Why is our only heal option for our pet an AA, that even when maxed, doesn't give any noticeable healing???
Barlano

Nbr post: 7
Register: 8/29/04
Posted: 3/11/12, 9:34 PM

Rogues:
For about 2 or 3 expansions now we have lost our ability to really shine in the new expansion. With the fix of the bard Aria coming out, this will significantly tarnish our DPS abilities. Is there anything you plan to do to allow us to continue to compete with other high DPS classes?
windfinder1

Nbr post: 10
Register: 7/26/08
Posted: 3/11/12, 9:56 PM

Class: Wizard

Subj: I like to see a AA skill for wizards
Unknown macro: { MGB }
. get it to go off of raid list or work it like a TL. make it for any spell for group port, bind, secondary bind, or TL. this will help the guild that raid and means I dont have to port each player and wait for the spell for next player to port.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1420490
windfinder1

Posted: 3/11/12, 10:02 PM

Classes: All
Subject: New Epic

Can we get a new quest for a Epic for a level 95 player. Just go to your home town and have them see you epic 2.0 to give you the next epic inline.

windfinder1

Posted: 3/11/12, 10:09 PM

Classes: all that can cast invisibility and invisibility vs undead
Subject: AA skill group and single Invisibility with Invisibility vs undead as one skill

AA skill group and single Invisibility with Invisibility vs undead as one skill. You will need both your AA skill in group and single Invisibility and group Invisibility vs undead as one skill. then you can get the next one for both to be in one AA skill.