Login / Sign up
> > > Android/Mobile Magelo

Messages in topic: Android/Mobile Magelo
Thanantos
Premium User

Nbr post: 5
Register: 7/26/02
Posted: 5/24/12, 11:50 AM

I know there was some talk in the forum around Dec 2010 about a mobile version..

Any new info on the progress.. or has there been any move to put together a app for it? I understand the magnitude of keeping Magelo updated with the patches etc for EQ.

loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 5/24/12, 1:03 PM

Hello Thanantos,
It's still a project we didn't tackle yet.
Our hands are currently full but this definitively something we would like to do in the future.
Carnon
Advisor

Nbr post: 194
Register: 3/27/08
Posted: 6/22/12, 1:41 AM

do you mean a program to view Magelo profiles? OR A program to update your profile?

I am guessing you mean one just to view magelos. but wanted to make sure we were on the same page or not. Because I would not think the magelo program just to view profiles would have to be updated every patch like it does for the updating program?

Thanks.

I never had issues viewing magelo's from my iphones web browser personally But again I am just guessing at what you are asking for.

-CaRn

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 6/22/12, 6:13 PM

CaRnon,

I believe that the original poster is eluding to the word that Magelo might expand it's forums to the [ForumRunner|www.forumrunner.com] capability for users on the go. I posted something in the Advisor's Board along this line.

If I'm incorrect, sorry.

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
Starcow

Nbr post: 1
Register: 10/3/13
Posted: 11/18/13, 2:17 PM

Hello

You cannot scroll down or up while veiwing your character everquest wise using iphone.

Tried all sorts of ways to scroll up or down the alternate abilities and you absolutely
cannot do this.

If anyone has an alternate way of doing it awesome /tell

Other than that magelo is great to view on iphone~

Starcow Moober
3:8)

Other than that its golden.
Thanantos
Premium User

Nbr post: 5
Register: 7/26/02
Posted: 11/19/13, 9:51 AM

Heya all, thread from the dead!

Actually I was talking about a Android application allowing you to view profiles.
I know there are all sorts of android apps to do just about anything.

I was talking about people who had hinted when Android Apps were the new thing, a few years back.

There was talk on the forums of an Android app, that allowed you to view profiles, in a nice interface, vs having to open a browser and navigate to the web page, and then do the various things you need to do to be able to see the page.
I think the original reason the devs didnt want to make an android app, was because of the time already required for the various games, and update requirements.

My thought was... a android app that simply mirrors the information being displayed on the webpage, in a more phone friendly format.

Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 2/6/14, 12:04 AM

I'm reviving this idea a bit.

While I can display my profile on my phone, the music does not display / play; I'm guessing it's a java limitation from phone browsers.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001