Login / Sign up
> > > Cannot connect

Messages in topic: Cannot connect
Kulzip Elvencaster

Nbr post: 13
Register: 4/1/03
Posted: 12/11/06, 4:27 PM

Firstly thank you for finally making magelo work with win me. I finally connected and synced my characters so I went ahead and renewed my premium membership. Yesterday I turned magelo on and it came up with the connect to magelo window and a note on it saying an error occurred when connecting to the server. I re-entered my password and it just keeps coming up. Today I tried again and same problem. I checked my account here and it says premium and is active but it will no longer connect. Please tell me I am not again paying you for something I cannot use. I also would like to know if anything will be done to compensate me for 3 months of not being able to use my previous premium membership.

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 12/11/06, 6:04 PM

Regarding the downtime: all existing Premium accounts were extended when the old Magelo was taken down and the new site went into open beta mode.

Regarding the connection issue: could it be that your Magelo Update install is an older one (albeit updated)? Can you see if the link of your Magelo Update install incorrectly points to test.magelo.com instead of eq.magelo.com?
Kulzip Elvencaster

Nbr post: 13
Register: 4/1/03
Posted: 12/11/06, 6:39 PM

Firstly yes they were extended but it was unusable for 98/me users during that period and was only recently fixed which is when I renewed. Extending it during time it cannot be used is hardly compensating me. Secondly it was working fine until yesterday so unless it was just changed that is not the probelm although I will check. It looks as though it is not recognizing my password.

Edit: Target is: C:\WINDOWS\javaws.exe "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javaws\http\Dwww.testmagelo.com\P80\DMmu\AMmagelo-update.jnlp"
So what do I do now? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall it?

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 12/12/06, 4:30 AM

As you can see, it is pointing to the test magelo site. So yes, uninstall and reinstall should fix it for you.

I can't say anything about downtime compensation, an Admin will have to do so.