Login / Sign up
> > > phpBB tooltip install not working for me [solved]

Messages in topic: phpBB tooltip install not working for me [solved]
Montigue

Nbr post: 13
Register: 4/25/02
Posted: 4/7/13, 12:44 AM

I've tried placing the code everywhere... just before the end head tag in the body before the body before the end body before the include of the overall header ( which makes the forum unuseable ) nothing seems to work.... any suggestions here?

phpBB 3.0.11 dark revil style

I'll put it back up with the suggested placement just before /head in the overallheader so you can see it

edit:

The reason it wasn't working for me is the tooltip section gives out the wrong link for adding tooltips to websites. I'm a little more OCD then most in attempting to find a solution. If you could please update the JS script to show the right code.

Edit-edit: also clicking the home link from http://eq.magelo.com/webtools/install.jspa brings up a 404

editeditedit: most of those links on that page are broken

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/7/13, 7:18 AM

Hi Montigue,

The misleading part is in the intro saying the header tag which would work but is far from ideal because the loading is synchronous meaning that it will slow down your page rendering.

So the best integration location, as stated in the integration part, is at the very end of your page, just before you close the body tag.

As for the script link, it really should be "eq" instead of "home", I will look into it, thanks !
Montigue

Posted: 4/7/13, 8:34 AM

Thanks for the reply

The problem with throwing it into the the bottom of the page, IE: the overall footer for phpbb is the internal scripts shut it down. Im also running a modded board with bbdkp which also will shut it down. ( Shut it down meaning the scripts conflict ) At least at the top of the page it's not so bad. As far as load, I honestly don't care, I pay them to worry about that stuff not me.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/11/13, 11:06 PM

Ya sometimes it can be tricky to find the right placement at the end of the page... Putting it in the header is not so bad either so no worry.

Fixed the link to the script by the way, thanks again for the feedback.
Montigue

Posted: 4/22/13, 6:15 PM

Thanks You guys are awesome