Login / Sign up
> > > Looking for help...

Messages in topic: Looking for help...
Nicoust

Nbr post: 8
Register: 8/5/02
Posted: 6/2/13, 9:55 AM

not had a response to ticket, have this issue:

The launcher was unable to download a required file (/sync/launcher/8/sync.launch?8.1370181312464).

If more info is required then please specify.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 6/3/13, 5:26 AM

Hi Nicoust,
We replied on your ticket on May 30 explaining we fixed this issue few days before.
If you still have this problem, please check that your computer don't block Magelo Sync for connecting to the internet through a firewall.
Nicoust

Posted: 6/4/13, 4:02 AM

Already tried turning off firewalls completely. I still get The launcher was unable to download a required file (/sync/launcher/8/sync.launch?8.1370332799750).

It worked, saying everquest had been patched, and would be updated. Then after a few days it started giving the message posted above.

I turned OFF fire walls to ensure they weren't the issue. They shouldn't have been as previously worked, but tested anyway.

First of all the free trial was a waste as magelo never worked; now after having payed, it doesnt work. If it isn't sorted I'll be wanting a refund.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/4/13, 11:19 PM

Hi Nicoust,

I understand that you are frustrated but being the only one still having this problem tend to highlight it is something specific to your computer/installation somehow, not something on our end. So the best we can do, is trying to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Few questions:

Thanks in advance !
Nicoust

Posted: 6/5/13, 3:54 AM

<application>
<modules>
<module id="patch" default="true">com.magelo.sync.launcher.patcher.Patcher</module>
</modules>
<dependencies href=" http://www.magelocdn.com/sync/downloads" encoding="pack/gz">
<dependency size="180330" checksum="-1229278687" version="1.0.1">sync-launcher-patcher</dependency>
</dependencies>
<properties>
</properties>
</application>

Is what is shows, the link is on my local C drive. I will try it on another computer as soon as I can
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/6/13, 12:04 AM

Thanks for the feedback Nicoust.

Since you are able to fetch the file manually, it proves that the file exist and is accessible just fine. However, Magelo Sync is unable to get it by itself which indicates that most likely, a firewall is blocking it.

Do you have a anti virus suite installed ? Many of those bundle a firewall. So you might have disabled windows firewall but maybe your computer is using another firewall software...

I would really investigate this firewall issue as I believe it is the culprit.
Nicoust

Posted: 6/6/13, 2:22 AM

Only one firewall.

Self built computer - and have been since the 1990s. (windows 8 installed btw.)

Just re tried after disabling kaspersky. Ensured windows firewall was still disabled.

I have this as a dual boot; same error when boot into w7
Nicoust

Posted: 6/6/13, 2:27 AM

New error code.

The launcher was unable to download a required file (/sync/launcher/8/sync.launch?8.1370500013222).

Incidentally, I have ensured magelo is flagged in firewall to allow access. This is as well as trying with kaspersky completely off. I have double-checked that when kaspersky is on, that windows firewall is off.

screen-shot