Login / Sign up
> > > Test server now supported and more!

Messages in topic: Test server now supported and more!
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 7/12/13, 3:29 AM

Special announcement for the Test Server community: you can now synchronize your characters on Magelo and access the tools we offer on the website (character profile, signature, missing spells tool, ranking, guild tools, inventory tool,...).

From now on, we will have to follow up on test server patches. This can be a lot of work for us so we really hope you will be many to welcome this change and sync your characters! Let us know if you run into any issue.

We also recently updated the Hot zones list and added the maps for the 2 new zones introduced with Shadow of Fear: Chelsith Reborn and Plane of Shadow. You can see the points of interest on those maps and the location of NPCs. Ex. Glorig The Underdog
elanora

Nbr post: 6
Register: 4/30/12
Posted: 8/20/13, 3:45 PM

I was very excited to see this announced, but the half dozen times I've tried to sync from Test it hasn't worked. [Test is getting another update today, if anyone wants to bring them back in sync again ]

Is there any chance of getting manual level edits enabled to make Magelo functional again?
loulina
Admin

Posted: 8/21/13, 5:21 AM

Hi elanora,

Thank you for letting us know the test server has patched today. We are working on it and we tell you when Magelo Sync is available again.

Sorry that we missed few game updates since we launched this new feature. We need to be more vigilant to avoid this happen again.

I just created a sticky topic here: Magelo Sync Test Server status
In this topic, we will keep you posted on Magelo Sync update for the test server. Don't hesitate to watch this topic to get notification by email when there is a new post there.
Thank you!

elanora

Posted: 8/23/13, 8:34 AM

Thank you for patching

Unfortunately, it seems Test Server is having the same Unable to detect character issues as Live.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 8/28/13, 2:25 AM

We did not see any issue on the test server...
Anyway, everything should be ok. Could you please follow up on the new thread dedicated to the Test server? Thank you!
Dedicated topic for Magelo Sync Test Server status
elanora

Posted: 8/28/13, 11:26 AM

(I'm sorry for replying here, but I don't seem able to reply to the stickied post dedicated to Test Server.)

It looks like I can now sync any character but my actual main.

"Tanulie" was (until 5 minutes ago) on my Magelo My Characters list, but she was the version of Tanulie that was on Tunare. (I hadn't sync'd with that since last year.)

I thought perhaps there was a conflict having the same name on test and live servers, so I deleted Tanulie from My Characters here on Magelo, closed down EQ and Magelo sync, then restarted both.

After doing that, I still get "trying to detect your currently logged character" in the My Character window, and Target Unavailable in the Related window. (Magelo is seeing the Zone, but not the character.)
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 9/2/13, 4:24 AM

Hi elanora,

it's fine, if you have an issue, being on the test server or not, best is to open a topic in the bug forum.

1) Only one version on a given character can exist on Magelo. If you copy your character to the test server and sync, it will update your live character and move it to the test server.

2) If Magelo Sync cannot detect your character, please post your Magelo Sync log here so we can understand what is going on. You can open you log by pressing Ctrl+Shit+L on Magelo Sync.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 9/3/13, 3:28 AM

Sorry about the fact you could not post in the Test server new topic.
We will change the permission there to let anyone reply. I will keep you posted when it's done.