Login / Sign up
> > > cant load on to game!?

Messages in topic: cant load on to game!?
Coldlighting

Nbr post: 3
Register: 12/19/06
Posted: 12/30/06, 11:18 PM

well when i try to piggy back magelo on to EQ, i get the unable to perform error ... java script issue..invalid aruement error...could not load filed/ulr specific.. would like to use magelo since i paid for a year =/ .... please help.!
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 12/31/06, 3:13 AM

Uninstall that Magelo Update client then click on the Magelo Update link on the left sidebar here to install the latest client. If the client still fails then make sure you have the latest JRE installed. The link to the JRE (java runtime environment) update procedure is in my sig and stickied in the Support section of the board.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Coldlighting

Posted: 1/1/07, 5:08 PM

ok did everything that you tol dme to do and updater wont workat all now ... and i dont have updater icon on computer now .. but have all teh Java recuriements for the program ??!! wheni try to domwload now a window pops up and says ... Java Starting.. and nothing ever happens!!
Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 1/1/07, 6:56 PM

Let's see what you have installed. Go to the Start menu then Control Panel then Java. The Java Control Panel app will be launched. Click on the Java tab then on the View button under Java Application Runtime Settings. The JNLP Runtime Settings window will appear. How many entries do you see? You should see just one for platform 1.6. It should also be enabled. Make sure there's a checkmark in the Enabled column.

If you see more than one entry then you have one of more older JREs installed, possibly causing conflict. Go back to the Start -> Control Panel and this time launch the Add/Remove Programs app. Remove prior versions of J2SE or Java. Keep Java SE Runtime Environmet 6. (And if you don't see that then let us know.)

Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Coldlighting

Posted: 1/2/07, 12:36 PM

well first off i would like to thank you for your help so far .. that said i did everthing you said , i accually had the 1.5 java RT installed aswell and it was enabled . so i deleted/unistalled them got magelo to down load but now it tells me that there is and error in my connection to server. when i try to connect to magelo server it tells me there is an error connecting in the (connect to magelo window)
OptimisticFool

Nbr post: 84
Register: 4/21/03
Posted: 1/2/07, 1:07 PM

Firewall configured correctly that MU is allowed access to the net?
Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 1/2/07, 1:15 PM

Please inspect the properties of the Magelo Update shortcut you're using. Make sure Target has www.magelo.com embedded in it, not www.testmagelo.com.