Login / Sign up
> > > searching for a character name?

Messages in topic: searching for a character name?
Bareldi

Nbr post: 46
Register: 11/19/02
Posted: 1/26/14, 11:06 PM

I met someone online a few years ago. I remember a character name. Is there a way to see if any characters by that name have magelo profiles? I could have sworn that at some point in the past there was a "search" function that would do that, but if there is any such still around I don't see it.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 1/27/14, 3:11 AM

Hello Bareldi,
You can search a character name using the homepage top search (between the header and the features tour in flash).
Bareldi

Nbr post: 46
Register: 11/19/02
Posted: 1/27/14, 2:04 PM

Thank you. Can't understand why I did not see it.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 1/28/14, 12:35 AM

No problem!
Carnon
Advisor

Nbr post: 194
Register: 3/27/08
Posted: 2/17/14, 6:33 AM

If you still can not find their character name/toon listed they might of not had a magelo profile and only a "EQPlayers" profile... which is so broken the dev's at SOE/EQ totally gave up on it... So if you are having issue finding them there are not many other options besides magelo 8(..,.

You used to be able to look up players using that but not any longer.... Magelo is your best option and the only other option I could recommend would be to log onto each server and do a /who soandso and hope you catch them online (and that they have not name changed a character over the years 8(..... EQPlayers used to let you keep track of folks even after they changed names but I think that caused a lot of issues with folks who had a bad rep on a specific server so they would name/race change and swap server and start over fresh.

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator