Login / Sign up
> > > Browse other guilds or players?

Messages in topic: Browse other guilds or players?
redgiant

Nbr post: 6
Register: 12/1/11
Posted: 9/11/14, 11:33 AM

I don't need to see my own character info; I can log into EQ for that.

I want to search for other characters, guilds and their equipment for example.

How do I do that, for arbitrary characters that have a Magelo account? I could swear I used to do this years ago, has this stopped?
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 9/14/14, 10:20 PM

Hi redgiant,

If you know the character name, you can use the quick search (homepage top bar).
Otherwise you can use the Ranking (left menu under Database).
redgiant

Nbr post: 6
Register: 12/1/11
Posted: 9/15/14, 12:06 PM

Thanks. I realize those options, I meant just general A-Z browsing when I don't have a specific name in mind, to see what is out there. Like list all guilds on a server, and all players in a guild.

I could have sworn I used to do that, either here or on EQPlayers.

It is a huge backwards step to allow browsing and then take it away (it's been a few years, so it may not have been Magelo that let me do it, but I know I did browse like this somewhere).

Magelo is dependent on what data SOE exposes, and I can see how SOE would stop or limit data that enables arbitrary browsing when they don't want a declining population known or quantifiable. And of course they wouldn't admit that is why they did it, but it is pretty predictable.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 9/21/14, 11:47 PM

There was indeed a guilds listing on the website but it's no longer accessible since few years now. I remember we wanted to work on a new version. Looks like this project got stuck in our to do list Anyway, I will make sure we have a look at it soon and we will keep you posted on our progress.

Our database is updated with Magelo Sync, so we cannot really build a 100% complete guild listing, as EQPlayers would do, but it should be good enough to give you a good overview of what's there.

Thanks again