Login / Sign up
> > > Backstab damage

Messages in topic: Backstab damage
spiffieduu
Premium User

Nbr post: 3
Register: 2/28/02
Posted: 10/26/14, 5:23 PM

the rankings page is now calculating backstab damage as the sum of the backstab parts of primary and secondary weapons, which means nothing in the game. this should be the sum of the 'skill damage mod' backstab numbers on boots, cloaks, etc.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/30/14, 8:26 AM

That's strange because it should be exactly as you describe... Let me have a look.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 11/20/14, 3:20 AM

Thanks spiffieduu for reporting this. There is indeed a bug and we are working on it!
Trinity

Nbr post: 14
Register: 3/10/02
Posted: 1/5/16, 11:29 PM

Bump, this is still a bug of sorts. Not quite as described in this ancient post though.

There is a tab - Modifiers - Advanced - BS Dmg that is bugged. This is adding your weapon's BS dmg, this one should only be showing the primary slot + primary slot's augs. Ie it will currently add from all 3 slots, ie see - http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3582201 which shows primary+secondary+ranged for the total.

There is another tab - Modifiers - Skills - BS - which (correctly) shows the sum of your item slots' +Backstab Dmg. This is what the original poster was expecting to see when he made this post fyi.
spiffieduu
Premium User

Nbr post: 3
Register: 2/28/02
Posted: 1/8/16, 6:14 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, how odd that I didn't recall the other backstab being at that location when clearly I have looked there to check the numbers.

I agree that this still needs changed, as the secondary weapon's backstab doesn't mean anything to the primary. Plus, with the fancy new itemization, the offhand daggers don't have backstab on them at all, unless you use the tier 1 rogue only weapon.