Login / Sign up
> > > Zone updates?

Messages in topic: Zone updates?
switchxfactor

Nbr post: 4
Register: 10/29/04
Posted: 1/11/07, 3:42 PM

How do we add zones to new database? I'm currently in Ashengate killing and I have MU running. It's no updating anything though. I think it may be because Ashengate isn't even recognized as a zone yet? Or is the database just swamped and updates will not be as instant as I'm expecting? Just looking for some advice/info!
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 1/11/07, 3:50 PM

MU will send data to the server every 5 minutes or so. Check in a little while, it should be there. Otherwise, let us know.

Cheers!

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
switchxfactor

Register: 10/29/04
Posted: 1/11/07, 3:57 PM

I have been fighting in Ashengate for over an hour and it still doesn't show up anywhere in the database... Do I need to restart MU each time I zone? I will try restarting it and see it it starts updating
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 1/11/07, 4:14 PM

Nope, you don't have to. I'm reporting this, might be an bug.

Cheers.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
Ivyleaf

Register: 7/23/02
Posted: 1/11/07, 4:43 PM

There was only one zone listed for Legacy of Ykesha so I zoned into 3 more and they showed up within 5 minutes, however none of the Omens of War zones are showing up.
Vazago

Nbr post: 19
Register: 7/7/02
Posted: 1/11/07, 6:11 PM

Players mounts, auras and what not are showing up.

I was huning also in Qvic for over an hour with MU running and it didnt get updated so i checked MU and tried to sync my cahr and then it said it was some wrong.

Bricktop - Commando - <Wreckers> - Space Slug
psychosis

Nbr post: 33
Register: 8/26/02
Posted: 1/12/07, 11:48 AM

Please block Aura's and Mounts and Invisible Men from showing up in the zone info.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 1/12/07, 5:36 PM

Done, all mounts and invisible man race are filtered out.
Jaradis

Nbr post: 529
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 1/12/07, 6:46 PM

http://eq.magelo.com/do_npcs.jspa?name=&zone=163&expansion=&minLevel=1&maxLevel=75&raceBodyId=0

Getting the same named mob repeated a bunch of times.

Jaradis Stormcaller

Cazic Thule (Brell Serilis) Server
Idril

Nbr post: 27
Register: 5/3/02
Posted: 1/12/07, 7:50 PM

Blightfire Moors and Sunderrock Springs seem to make troubles with Updater.

Examples:
1. Starting EQ and login to Sunderrock Springs zone
2. Starting Magelo Updater (v3.0.14)
3. Char will not be shown MU
4. Zoneing to Direwind
5. Char will be shown in MU
6. Zoneing back to Sunderrock Springs
7. Char will not be shown in MU (sometimes grayed like when you logged to another char on same account)
8. Gating to Plane of Knowledge
9. Char will be shown in MU

when i use "Copy log to clipboard" its empty
Fyrbreynd

Register: 9/16/01
Posted: 1/13/07, 1:09 AM

Another problem that goes along with zone updates is NPCs. The database is not storing mobs that are over level 75.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/13/07, 6:44 AM

Jaradis, i will look into this, it looks like SoE had fun with Grieg's End having a same mob capable of having many races available to it...

Idril, looks like there is an issue with TSS zones, i will look into this asap as well.

Fyrbreynd, the database does store mobs above level 75 however the level filter on the NPC search page is wrongly set to the maximum level a player character can reach, i will fix this asap as well.
ASPePeX

Nbr post: 15
Register: 7/29/03
Posted: 1/13/07, 7:20 AM

I guess "Discord Fluctuation" in RCoD is of the race invisible man and is filtered out with the new coding. But this is a trigger for the final Necro 2.0 fight and it is targetable and you talk to it. Its not not a big thing that it doesn't show up, just wanted to let you know.

------------------------------------------
Patience is the key!
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/13/07, 9:08 AM

So it's an invisible man that is not so much invisible after all .. Interesting, i will see what we can do about it.
Fyrbreynd

Register: 9/16/01
Posted: 1/13/07, 7:38 PM

Thanks Jelan, I assumed the blank option for max level wouldn't default to 75 when I searched by name, my bad.