> > > a mountain spiritling

Messages in topic: a mountain spiritling
drool
Premium User

Nbr post: 93
Register: 7/3/14
Posted: 8/23/15, 4:36 PM

Everquest: stonebrunt

Just curious if anyone has an idea why magelo has 680+ kills of the mountain spiritlings and only 45 or so for the jungle and valley? I can't see kill rates being so differerent? Also the drop rate for the lightstones and spiritling stones is exponetially higher than the mountain ones in the db.

I feel like there is something corrupting the legitimacy of the numbers for the mountain spiritlings. I went over on live and every mountain spiritling had one of the other drop.
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1635
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 8/24/15, 8:24 PM

The numbers are all based on a person inspecting a corpse, and retrieving that NPC/corpse ID and assigning what the player sees on the corpse as its loot, and associated chances of coming across that loot when inspecting said corpse.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
drool
Premium User

Posted: 8/25/15, 2:02 PM

Yeah, I get all of that.

It is just that it doesn't seem to add up, making me worried that a glitch streamed in data for this mob that wasn't correct. I didbn't know if your db had date/times, etc to see if there were some questionable data points.

Basically stonebrunt has 3 types of spiritlings. I didn't think mountain spiritlings were more numerous, nor more hunted. So seeing 635+ kills for them while the valley and jungle only have like 35 each is odd. Add to that the fact that in my experience mountain spiritlings drop either the special lightstone or the burned out one a very large portion of the time, and the mountain spiritling data indicates an EXTREME low drop rate again points to maybe a large batch of bad data points based on a bug.
drool
Premium User

Posted: 10/25/15, 8:45 AM

Does someone have access to the db that is willing to check the history for this mob to see if the # of kills is exaggerated by some runaway loot loop or something? Maybe a ton of entries at the same time, etc?

I know the loot count is broken now, maybe something skewed this in the past. Just a quick db search and look at dates?