Login / Sign up
> > > We need you!

Messages in topic: We need you!
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 12/17/15, 2:15 AM

The Magelo story started 16 years ago and today, we are still the same behind our computers, well a little bit older, patching Magelo Sync for the millionth time, fixing another bug and doing our best to keep going.

We devoted a lot of time to build and maintain Magelo and we never counted the hours, even during week-ends or holidays. It’s simply a joy to build a project like that, especially for us who are also a couple in life. We work hand in hand since many years and it’s amazing to share this project together. We are very proud of what we have done so far. It’s our first baby (we just had a little girl. She is just 3 months old and who knows, she may also love online games one day).

Anyway, Magelo is in our life since forever and we want to keep it that way. Year after year it becomes more challenging to do so, so more than ever we need your help. As you may know, Magelo is only financed by our premium members. No ads, no partnership whatsoever,… only you. With the special offer we are running for the holidays, it costs less than 2$ per month to get Premium. It is the best time of the year to show your support to Magelo, so we count on you! Thank you.

We wish you all a happy holiday.

Loulina and Jelan
PathToEternity
Premium User

Nbr post: 9
Register: 10/13/10
Posted: 12/17/15, 5:20 AM

Hey, I am curious - why don't you throw up just one or two simple Google Adsense ads on here? That wouldn't bother me at all. I already subscribe to your premium service any time I'm actively playing EQ, but I think with the traffic this site must get you'd surely enjoy some extra, well-earned income doing so.
krynnotaur

Nbr post: 6
Register: 5/9/08
Posted: 12/17/15, 4:30 PM

I had just purchased a three month as usual when I returned to play for the winter season in my part of the world. Congratulations on the youngling! I also would not be adverse to targeted ads relevant to gaming/everquest as in-line adverts.

From a design point of view - side note - this is why I give you money, the design is great! - there are several places mostly in the data views where there is quite a bit of blank space in the upper area of the data display that could be used for very unobtrusive ad placement.

I think we should invert the holiday traditions, we should yell at each other one day a year and be all peace and good will the other 364
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 12/17/15, 10:04 PM

Congrats on the baby! Happy holidays.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
Geroblue

Nbr post: 44
Register: 7/14/07
Posted: 12/20/15, 1:50 PM

Congrats and Happy Holidays !

'through the thorns to the stars' Ghost in the Shell anime
Egat
Premium User

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/11/01
Posted: 1/2/16, 12:56 PM

Happy New Year! I've been a premium member for many years and not sure how much more I can help. I truly value what Magelo provides so I added the 5-character upgrade in order to help out in some way.

Geroblue

Nbr post: 44
Register: 7/14/07
Posted: 1/2/16, 3:08 PM

I have renewed for another year.

'through the thorns to the stars' Ghost in the Shell anime
pierreaxel
Premium User

Nbr post: 12
Register: 10/14/08
Posted: 1/4/16, 9:07 AM

I'm a premium member too since a few years.

If you need money, what about asking people to make a free donation to the site ?

I was thinking a bit like Google does, one time a year they ask for free donation. Or the everquest raiding guild ranking site elitegamerprogressionlounge.

I'm sure many magelo users would donate some extra money for this.
PathToEternity
Premium User

Nbr post: 9
Register: 10/13/10
Posted: 1/4/16, 10:43 AM

I went ahead and renewed with whatever the biggest package was ($25 or something).

Without knowing the fanbase/numbers, I'd really suggest the owners explore some of the options suggested here. Magelo is a good product.
pootersox

Nbr post: 13
Register: 5/4/03
Posted: 1/7/16, 8:55 PM

Bah, humbug! I renewed w/o a free 3 months when my sub was up for renewal!

:D

Wolana Phoenixfyre, druid, Kelethin-Xegony
LeafLady of 110 seasons
Maedhros
Premium User

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/30/01
Posted: 3/7/16, 1:58 PM

Been a premium member for many years, love what this site has to offer. You folks do a fantastic job! I agree that a small ad banner would be totally reasonable, you all deserve to be showered in some of that internet advertising money! Congrats on the new child and thanks for what you do for all us crazy gamers!

Kittieyes

Nbr post: 3
Register: 10/26/16
Posted: 10/28/16, 10:26 AM

My family and I just loved/love EQ and back in the day discovered Magelo. We had our characters all on the site, our main's back then: Apryladdia 756121, Angels 757889, and Kittieyes 755701, just to name a few. My husband was hurt at work, and we all played EQ off and on, but then stopped for years due to problems with husband. But, things have changed and I was talking with someone the other day and EQ came up, I got Daybreak to assist me in getting my accounts up and working. Then I tried to find all the EQ helpful sites, and was not having much luck ... but did re-find Magelo! I love your site Loulina & Jelan. I was unable to get my old account to work, and started a new one. I could not get the old character numbers to work, and have created new ones, Apryladdia 3698033, Angels 3698012 and Kittieyes 3697990. I am just getting back into EQ and Magelo, I love that your here ... so much has changed, but after all this time your still here! And WOW, it has been 16 years ago now ... that put me into a bit of shock (LOL). Thank you Loulina & Jelan, your fantastic.

I was a Magelo user from the start, back in the day.
Started EQ again, and attempted to log in and my
account was not here. My main back then was Kittieyes,
a Druid Wood Elf (Prior Magelo 755701). Current
Magelo 3697990. But then it got changed again, now is 4162234. Love EQ and Magelo. Now my main is a Mage, Angelmage, level 120.