Login / Sign up
> > > loot database not updating?

Messages in topic: loot database not updating?
Bareldi

Nbr post: 46
Register: 11/19/02
Posted: 9/2/16, 8:25 AM

I am farming tradeskill stuff with one of my many characters.
I have Magelo Sync running.
Just noticed that none of the counts in the database have changed in response to the thousand or so mobs I've killed in the last couple of days.

Is there something I need to do to make this work?

Edit: just to be clear, I have 8 accounts, and there are 8 characters online at the moment all running on a single computer.

When I start Magelo Sync it picks one of those 8 as "my character" and the rest are "others". The choice seems random. Right now it is showing one of my bazaar mules as My Character.

Perhaps Sync monitors looting only for the character selected as "My Character"? The bazaar mule is not killing anything... Is there a way to change which character is selected? Only that character shows things like zone and quests.
Bareldi

Nbr post: 46
Register: 11/19/02
Posted: 9/2/16, 9:53 PM

Update ... . More information.
I don't know much about how magelo really works. But I saw in another post that someone posted information from magelo.log, so I went looking for it.

I found it, in the program files tree. The file size was 0. I thought this was a problem. So I tried to uninstall Magelo, to see if a re-install would help.

After uninstall, all the files were still there. Trying to delete everything said "access denied".
After a re-boot I was able to delete the old Magelo installation using the command line from an admin cmd window.
I re-installed Magelo on another disk, not in Program Files, thinking that might be part of the problem.
After new install nothing has changed... still 0 size on log file.
Tried loading the file into an editor.
Voila, there is data there, and the file size is about 8k bytes. So seems it was probably ok before, This was not the problem.

But I have no idea what to look for in the log file. It starts several "Game Monitors", must be one per character? There are many lines like "[Char] Step -2" with numbers -2,0,1,2,3 then some Step 31" to step 34... all just say [Char], no names.

then there are a bunch of "Detected game objects by GameMonitor" lines.

then a couple of "1 observations for GameMonitor (Everquest 1.4.116)

that's it. Nothing that looks like an error, nothing that makes any sense to me.

No idea where to look. Assuming it still is not updating the database, which I have not actually checked since all this re-install business.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 9/12/16, 5:07 AM

Hi Bareldi,

Magelo sync is currently monitoring all your toons but you should definitely see some looting in the log.. Let me investigate what is going on.

As for opening the log, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+L on Magelo Sync window to open it.