Nbr post: 83
Register: 11/25/03
Posted: 2/23/07, 4:07 PM

Anyone from the Magelo Staff.. Please?
sadwanderer

Nbr post: 20
Register: 6/28/04
Posted: 2/23/07, 5:43 PM

Im 1 lazy SOB. I refused to pay 25$. Well Magelo, the power of girlfriend faction made me pay so she can use the autoupdate. I did that 3 GD days ago. We still have not got to use the auto updater. This is junk. Get your tails in gear please so I may use what I payed for, 3days paid no service rendered. Illegal? I wonder. Im getting pissed.
Traiya

Nbr post: 1
Register: 4/28/04
Posted: 2/23/07, 7:39 PM

you can check rankings - service rendered!

give them time, if you've actually used magelo in the past or even checked homepage you would notice it always takes a good bit of time after expansions to get everything fixed. But since you don't like the downtime why don't you make your own magelo service?
Queylick

Nbr post: 34
Register: 10/5/02
Posted: 2/24/07, 5:22 AM

Is it up yet?

Minadin

Nbr post: 69
Register: 1/18/03
Posted: 2/24/07, 6:00 AM

I'm sure that they will update the news once it's up.

There are a number of things that were changed when TBS went live. Some of them pretty basic things like how EQ looks at inventory slots, and the one that was added as well. Plus, there's the new spells and such.

I know it took me several days just to fix my custom UI, what with the patches to fix the patches that fixed the patch and all, and I only had a couple of windows that needed any sort of major overhaul. What the Magelo team is doing right now is a lot more complex than that.

Nostradomas

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/22/02
Posted: 2/24/07, 7:36 PM

I love the new Magelo look and the funtionality is great.. I am too waiting up update but with all the team here has to do I am patient to wait for it and thankful for their hard work.. Keep up with the good work Magelo Team and Godspeed.
sametc

Nbr post: 14
Register: 11/15/06
Posted: 2/24/07, 9:06 PM

Quote: 3days paid no service rendered.

OMG - How can we ever survive three whole days? Seriously folks, cut the programmers some slack. They'll have the new verison up when it's ready, not before. No one is releasing software before it's ready just to quiet up a couple of impatient users.
eolewis

Nbr post: 4
Register: 6/29/02
Posted: 2/24/07, 11:45 PM

sametc quoted - "No one is releasing software before it's ready just to quiet up a couple of impatient users."

Unless your SoE or Microsoft...
sametc

Nbr post: 14
Register: 11/15/06
Posted: 2/25/07, 12:25 AM

eolwis quoted: Unless your SoE or Microsoft...

LMAO and how could I ever argue with something like that??? I tip my hat =)

MLDYLD

Nbr post: 11
Register: 11/7/06
Posted: 2/25/07, 4:31 AM

plz have it done asap +) work hard i wanna update my Magelo
xzaviar

Nbr post: 23
Register: 2/9/05
Posted: 2/25/07, 7:44 AM

I understand that the new armor types with the power crystals are probably causing a problem. However, shutting the service down while you figure it out is NOT the answer. Get the service up and running and just block out the power crystals if they are causing problems. If and when you get that part of the code figured out update it at a later time. There is no excuse at 25$/ year for the service to be down this long. If you are going to double your price then you need to improve your service to match not go in reverse.
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 2/25/07, 9:53 AM

The latter is only possible if the data structure from before the expansion and after the expansion would be nearly the same. I.e. if the new data is simply "old data structure" + "new data structure". Usually though the new data is not just added; the old structure is broken open, butchered, modified and then merged with the new stuff. Post-patch, the old structure just doesn't exist anymore, so to prevent data corruption in our database, we shut down the Update program.
Queylick

Nbr post: 34
Register: 10/5/02
Posted: 2/25/07, 1:22 PM

Uh is it up yet?

Turlo

Nbr post: 22
Register: 3/4/02
Posted: 2/26/07, 2:20 AM

I typically don't bother posting on threads like this, but I thought I was add my 2 copper. The last expansion completely revamped 8 inventory slots and how they are handled in the code. That was a mess to sort out from a UI perspective. Now imagine reworking the datastream.

Also, since the expansion went live, 2 new executables have been posted (at least - I may have lost count). Each new executable has to be analyzed to see if the data stream changed. It's a lot of work. Something I definitely wouldn't want to do. I do enough of that at work.

To the people saying to just disable the power crystals and move on from there... it simply isn't that easy. A ton got changed. All of those changes doubly apply to the datastream. On top of that, SOE likes to change the datastream every so often specifically to mess up programs like this.

So, in conclusion... have some patience.

Turlo Lomon
Shadowblade of Drinal
Bazzek

Nbr post: 50
Register: 11/11/01
Posted: 2/26/07, 12:40 PM

@Sadwanderer

As you could have read in the terms of use that you agreed to when you bought they don't promis 100% uptime of the autoupdater due to changes on SOE side. I do have cheese for you though.

Oliadar, Level 70 Magician of Undefined, The Nameless
Leileden, Level 67 Shaman of Undefined, The Nameless
Xiana, Level 66 Cleric of Undefined, The Nameless
Leilor, Level 53 Warrior of Undefined, The Nameless