Login / Sign up
> > > New patch and Magelo Mar. 14, 2007

Messages in topic: New patch and Magelo Mar. 14, 2007
Zinnigan

Nbr post: 9
Register: 2/7/04
Posted: 3/14/07, 8:22 PM

EQ ran a patch today, Mar. 14th and Magelo is down yet again. Any idea on how long it'll be down this time? Even a rough estimate would be great, thanks

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 3/15/07, 9:43 AM

Regular patches are usually done in a few hours, to a few days at most. This patch was about the 8th year anniversary, so it may be slightly longer, but that's just wild guessing on my part.
Rredd

Nbr post: 9
Register: 10/2/02
Posted: 3/15/07, 2:35 PM

well...

I'd rank handling the "8th Anniversary" patch closer to a "we fixed a few bugs" patch than to a "Here's a new expansion, with a level cap raise, new AAs, new equipment slots, new currencies, new ways of powering up gear" kind of patch.

Really, it should be a pretty easy go this time around, no new features to deal with really, just probably some minor bug fixes and perhaps some new weapon/item models? I suspect the only reason we got a new executable was for the necro pets. Otherwise this could really have been a server side only content patch.

Rredd
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/16/07, 6:10 AM

Well somehow, they messed up few structures with this patch but everything is sorted out now and we will patch Magelo Update as well as the website today.
Faerar

Nbr post: 8
Register: 2/13/02
Posted: 3/16/07, 11:52 PM

Still not working for me I get a failed to load resource message... The resource is Native.Jar

Any ideas?
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 3/19/07, 5:34 AM

Resolution of Faerar's issues was posted in a different thread: link.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.