Login / Sign up
> > > unable to change equipment

Messages in topic: unable to change equipment
leillian

Nbr post: 3
Register: 4/26/04
Posted: 5/22/07, 4:31 PM

I can change everything else but when i select main in profile nothing happens.
Have never had a problem in the past, Am i doing something wrong or need to update anything/
A computer moron so any help would be appreciated.
ElvenWalker

Nbr post: 7
Register: 11/27/01
Posted: 5/23/07, 3:46 AM

Same here. been a magelo user for years - and so it is not any newbishness on your part.

Tried it on both IE and Firefox - so there is deff something wrong. Tried it on an alt computer - same issue. when I click the "main" button to get the equipment to come up - nothing. error on bottom of page.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/23/07, 7:11 AM

leillian, I checked both your characters and i was able to edit their equipments just fine with Firefox 2.0.0.3

Hi ElvenWalker, on which character do you have this issue ?
Andaris Lupinedeth

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/9/07
Posted: 5/23/07, 10:19 AM

I am having the same issue. I am on Mac OSX Safari. Was working just fine and is broken now.
ElvenWalker

Posted: 5/23/07, 1:16 PM

hadn't even tried it on the other chars.

Serano my main char. just updated Java to 6 (altho I think I already had current) and no change.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/24/07, 3:40 AM

I am pretty sure it has to do with a corrupted browser cache somehow...

When you are on the equipment page, before clicking the "main' profile to edit it, press CTRL + R to force your browser to reload the page contents then try editing your equipment.

Keep me posted.
leillian

Posted: 5/24/07, 11:20 AM

Hello still no luck. Have tried CTR +R just brings up my e mail. still able to do anything etc view and alter equipment >
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/24/07, 11:56 AM

Then try clearing your browser cache, it should really do the trick.
ElvenWalker

Posted: 5/25/07, 4:23 AM

cleared browser cache - did ctrl r when clicking "main" nothing - equipment will not load. current Java is loaded.

Let me try to start a new char from scratch
ElvenWalker

Posted: 5/25/07, 4:25 AM

well that didn't work. wouldn't let me pull up a class on new char. kooky.

tried again - this time let me change class

but when I clicked next it gave me

" TypeError: $("step" + currentStep).hide is not a function "

error.

curiouser and curiouser

Nephyr

Register: 5/1/02
Posted: 5/26/07, 3:16 AM

Same problem on all of my characters.

I tried making a new char, and was successful, but cannot edit that characters equipment either.
ElvenWalker

Posted: 5/26/07, 7:45 PM

The good news is apparenlty there is nothing wrong Magelo side. logged on to a comp at a Library and am able to update from there. Maybe when I get home I will deinstall Firefox and reinstall and see if that fixes. then again it is failing at both IE and FF -/shrug.

At least I can update some of my profile today and then troubleshoot at home to see why ONLY magelo doesn't work on my comp.
leillian

Posted: 5/28/07, 10:37 AM

I have tried all the suggestions but i an still not access my equipment to change it i also notice the background colour on my proile is liht grey which makes reading information impossible.
i guess i will just have to stop using Magelo, pity as i found it very usefull in the past.
thank you
Xarien

Nbr post: 9
Register: 12/2/01
Posted: 6/4/07, 5:18 PM

I'm getting errors as well when I try to change equipment. Ctrl-R doesn't work, neither does clearing the cache or using a different browser, as neither IE7 nor Firefox 2.0.0.4 work. I added a new character just fine a few days ago, added then-current equipment just fine, but now, nothing.

Duke Kartakis Kellisan of Tholuxe Paells, 67 Iksar SK

"Your title caused shrinkage!" - Brrute