Login / Sign up
> > > Jelan - Magelo Update and Test Server

Messages in topic: Jelan - Magelo Update and Test Server
Brisco

Nbr post: 34
Register: 5/9/01
Posted: 10/1/07, 2:49 PM

Jelan, anyway you can make Magelo Update recognize and sync up to Test Server again like it used too? I understand in the past it was due to the fact that Test updated very often, but its not like the old days anymore when you played there fulltime. Now Test stays up without a patch or update for 10, 20 even 68 days one time. And that is the norm now, only on rare occasions do we see multiple patches in a week.

It would be nice to autosync up to magelo again from Test, even if is was just for a couple days when Test and Lives were patched similar.

--------===============--------
Gherig McComas
Triality

"Dragons ... the other white meat !!"
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/2/07, 7:53 AM

Hi Brisco !

Officially our position is to not support or expect support for test server. It can be doable to deal with this for one game alone but as soon as you are targeting multiple games at once it becomes a nightmare to manage.

There are very many things you need to deal with as soon as you hit a test server like test items etc... Honestly, we have already many many things on our plate, we don't want to add any more unnecessary burden at the moment.
devious00

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/1/05
Posted: 6/20/13, 11:17 AM

At least allow us to edit the information in the Identity Card page then if there will be no support for the Test Server. For whatever reasons I can't change my level on my own. Before I could at least do it the long way and edit my own profiles, now I can't do anything to it and my profile just sits there outdated and useless.

I don't see why we should have to go without. If we're willing to go the long way and edit our own pages item by item, where's the harm?
elanora

Nbr post: 6
Register: 4/30/12
Posted: 6/22/13, 10:24 AM

It would be fantastic if we could at least manually edit our character info again, including level. For whatever reason, several months ago that ability went away.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/22/13, 2:25 PM

Well you can now use Magelo Sync
Meaning I will have to follow up on test server patches from now on and I hope not to regret this lol...

Let me know if you run into any issue.

Rallos

Nbr post: 1
Register: 7/17/13
Posted: 7/17/13, 11:53 AM

thanks for doing this, Jelan. I just came back to EQ recently and playing on test. Gonna do the free 10 day trial but I will probably subscribe if you keep supporting test.