Login / Sign up
> > > Sync update?

Messages in topic: Sync update?
aragosta
Premium User

Nbr post: 6
Register: 3/7/08
Posted: 9/23/17, 7:02 PM

Any word on when Sync will be updated for the Sept. 2017 patch?

Thanks!
Kiillz
Premium User

Nbr post: 89
Register: 7/15/02
Posted: 9/24/17, 1:54 PM

probably hear something when they get bac kfrom wherever they are now....thats usually how it goes so who knows I stopped bothering posting, biggest deaf ears outside of DBG we ll see.
Asstaroth

Nbr post: 3
Register: 7/8/15
Posted: 9/24/17, 11:29 PM

Does Magelo use MQ2 for it's game hooks? If so then you will probably have to get the updates directly from EQMule who is the only guy that knows how to get them anymore.

Since you've been using his work for years to generate revenue I am sure you have been donating to the project and have a good rapport with him, I am sure he will give you the offsets straight away.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 9/25/17, 9:35 AM

Magelo Sync has just been patched, we don't really rely on MQ2 but it was convenient to have it around to expedite some updates.
Asstaroth

Posted: 9/25/17, 4:34 PM

Sweet.

Any chance you can update sync to not suck when I run it on a PC that has 54+ EQ client running? I have to manually dismiss the warning about character limits 52 times. It really sucks. Also any chance for a reasonable pricing plan for additional characters?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 9/25/17, 9:20 PM

54+ EQ clients running ? Lol

My first priority regarding multi boxing is to minimize the impact of Magelo Sync on memory and cpu. I dont really have any plan to offer support for more than 8 accounts at a time which seems already a stretch.
Asstaroth

Posted: 9/26/17, 12:14 AM

Can you at least remove the modal failed to update window and replace it with a silent failure (can be a config). It's really annoying I usually just let it run until it hits my main toon (depending on launch order this can be anywhere in the list) and then manually taskkill the sync app because it's /so/ annoying.

Edit: What you don't box? I play with a few other ppl who each box between 16 and 44 toons. Seems normal to me