Login / Sign up
> > > No JVM could be found on your system.

Messages in topic: No JVM could be found on your system.
Paloverde
Premium User

Nbr post: 41
Register: 4/18/07
Posted: 1/2/18, 5:11 PM

Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from

On 12/31/17 I downloaded Java (32-bit) Version 8 update 151 to my Windows 7 desktop. I was prompted to remove earlier versions and did so.

When I tried to tried to sync I received the edit cited above.

Seeing notes elsewhere here, that one might consider having both Java 32-bit and Java 64-bit installed, I went to Java to see if I could make this happen. There I saw the following: Note: If you have 32-bit Windows (which I think I have) you can only install 32 bit Office. If you have 64-bit Windows, you can install 32-bit Office or 64-bit Office.

What can I do to get sync going again?

Note: I entered an almost identical bug two days ago, but I see no record of it.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 1/3/18, 12:08 AM

Hi,

Pretty sure you are running a 64bit windows system given the error message you are getting, so please install the 64bit JRE as well and it should solve the issue. Let me know how it goes.
Paloverde
Premium User

Nbr post: 41
Register: 4/18/07
Posted: 1/3/18, 10:52 AM

I checked the properties of my Windows 7 OS. Found that, indeed, it is 64-bit.

Uninstalled the 32-bit Java. Installed again the Java that system wanted me to have. It was the same 32-bit. Uninstalled again. After a long time doing Yahoo searches and maneuvering around on the Java site finally I found an option to select the 64-bit Java.

It works now to sync Magelo

Thank you for your help!
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 1/10/18, 2:04 AM

Glad you got it working !