http://aohguild.org/forums/topic/32275-hello/?do=findComment&comment=201157

part 2
http://aohguild.org/forums/topic/32275-hello/?do=findComment&comment=201190
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 2/26/18, 3:29 AM

Neat, looks like I will have to repackage Magelo Sync with an updater that is aware of windows10 registry keys. Thanks for the pointer !
Fjoellnir

Nbr post: 25
Register: 8/11/03
Posted: 2/17/19, 10:00 AM

I am using Windows 7 and have to uninstall and re-install the same version of Java all the time. Magelo works after the reinstall, but a few days later it stops working. Have to go through the above over and over. VERY ANNOYING!!
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 2/17/19, 5:54 PM

Hi Fjoellnir,

What exactly is happening when you say Magelo Sync stops working ?
Fjoellnir

Nbr post: 25
Register: 8/11/03
Posted: 2/18/19, 8:50 AM

I get the following error:

No JVM could be found on your system.
Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME

It requires re-install of java to make Magelo work again. Every other java app works. In a Command Prompt, java is working fine. It seems that Magelo "looses" the path frequently. I must then re-install java to get it working again.
Kaliaila

Nbr post: 66
Register: 12/23/02
Posted: 5/9/20, 10:51 PM

I am getting this error now. The thing is that I had just recently done a clean install of windows 10, downloaded the newest verison of Java and then downloaded the Magelo installer, but I get that error every time I try to run Magelo no matter what I try.

Here is a link to a pic of the error message. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilzffgesugpb0dj/Untitled.jpg?dl=0
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/10/20, 10:17 PM

Checklist for a 64bit system:
  • 64bit JRE installed on your system
  • Start Magelo Sync with MageloSync64.exe (not using MageloSync.exe)

If you still have the error message, it means that for some reason, magelo sync cannot locate the JRE by itself and needs some help. You can assist it to point to your installed JRE by creating a system environment variable named EXE4J_JAVA_HOME (hence the message error you are seeing).

To create the system environment variable:
  1. Type `system env` in the quick search and windows should shows `Edit the system environment variables` as the best match
  2. Select this and a window now opens
  3. At the bottom right, there is a button `Environment variables`, click on it
  4. In the bottom section (System env variables), click `new`
  5. Name is `EXE4J_JAVA_HOME`, Value should be the path to your JRE installation
  6. Click OK to confirm
  7. Start Magelo Sync

Hope this helps, ideally I should bundle the JRE with Magelo Sync to get rid off all those pesky issues around JRE / Magelo Sync now that windows is not bundling the JRE anymore.
Kaliaila

Nbr post: 66
Register: 12/23/02
Posted: 5/12/20, 12:39 AM

The issue was that default download and the online installer from java.com no longer installs the 64-bit version of Java at all. It only installs the 32-bit version of Java. So I had to go to the manual installer and choose the Windows 64-bit (offline) version.

You might consider adding that you have to have the 64-bit java, and that the online installer only installs the 32-bit version of Java.