Login / Sign up
> > > Question regarding server merges / transfers

Messages in topic: Question regarding server merges / transfers
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 3/21/20, 6:44 PM

Hello all. I have never had my server merge into another (Xegony has always been the host server to receive merges), so I don't have much experience answering.

Does Magelo recognize the existing character/profile on a new server, and therefore updates the character's server? Is it based on a similar-enough profile that it recognizes the server change, and therefore does not generate a new profile?

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/21/20, 8:35 PM

When you sync your character, the creation date is also sent which is mostly unique on a given game account This is this creation date that will be used to find back your moved character.

There is one caveat with this at the moment. If you get guilded once you move and before your sync, there is a chance that a guildmate will sync the guild roster and therefore create a character before you have a chance for the system to detect it's not a new character.

So long story short, once you move, sync your character before you get guilded and eveything should be fine.
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 3/22/20, 3:47 AM

I never would have thought about the character's creation date. Thanks for the answer. =)

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001