Can you please reset my game slots?

Thanks!

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/6/20, 11:20 PM

Hi Gosan,

You can actually help yourself once in that regards by going to your "My account" section and clicking the "Free my game slot" link.
Gosan

Nbr post: 17
Register: 7/18/12
Posted: 7/7/20, 2:33 AM

Hey Jelan,

Ya. I just didn't want to use up my one time use. Figured I'd see if you could help me in a timely fashion instead. I'll use it now.

Thanks anyways.

Gosan

Posted: 7/7/20, 2:35 AM

I used it. It still gives me the same error.

Gosan

Posted: 7/9/20, 2:49 AM

/bump

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/9/20, 6:00 AM

Hi Gosan,

I am a little confused, looking at your account, it appears all your characters are coming from distinct game accounts so it kinda make sense this will not work...
Gosan

Posted: 7/9/20, 3:01 PM

Hey Jelan,

This is a new and recent bug. It started a few weeks ago. Prior to this bug I have always been able to sync my accounts. Yes, they have always been on different account, but I have never had this issue before. I also noticed the search rankings no longer have the ability to list non-premium players. Is this on purpose? I enjoy manually entering my gear when I get an upgrade. It's like getting a new piece of clothing and trying it on for the first time.

Thanks

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/9/20, 5:52 PM

Well this is not really bug but a change we made with how our freemium offer works, please have a look at the news we made about the changes:
> https://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=33303
Gosan

Posted: 7/9/20, 10:59 PM

Hey Jelan,

I personally think the amount of change from the past free account limits to the new free account limits is too vast and a bad model. It pushes money grabbing during a global pandemic and may cause another programmer to create a better/competing platform.

I digress. To respond to the link you provided, which was updated to cover my question about non-premium (freemium, as you so put it) rank listings, mere minutes before sending the link mind you, states that 1 game slot is provided.

My issue, which is still persisting, is that when I attempt to sync with Magelo, I receive an error message saying that 'all my game slots are full'. I have used the initial suggestion of resetting my game slots located under account options. The issue still persists. It doesn't allow me to sync 1 account. Not 1. Do you have any other suggestions in order to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/10/20, 12:02 AM

I totally respect your point of view, at the same time, ask yourself honestly the following: You have used Magelo for the past 8 years for free, we do not endorse / use any kind of advertisement nor do we sell your data whatsoever. Our premium services is the only revenue we got. If you value what we are providing, is it really too much to ask to support us and pay $30 for a year ? $2.5 / month not even gonna buy you a coffee at Starbucks...

As for issue, you get only 1 game account slot for free, given you are trying to sync characters from looks like it 6 different game accounts, it just cannot work. If you are not willing to pay, you need to decide which game account is your primary and only sync this one.

I have freed your game slot again so make sure to sync from your primary game account next time.

Gosan

Posted: 7/10/20, 2:01 PM

First off, I appreciate your time. Thank you for resetting my game slot. When I want to sync I will make sure I only have 1 account loaded. I do enjoy the services you and your team have provided via Magelo.

Normally, I would say no. It's not too much to ask. Times are not normal though. As I'm sure you know. I am currently unemployed due to COVID-19 and any added extra expense is too much. Good thing I don't go to Starbucks, ehe?

That said, prior to this issue I had been mulling over using my next unemployment check (when it finally gets here) towards going premium. I only recently started updating 6 accounts and it was getting too much for me. I enjoy manually updating the gear, but updating 6 separate toons was turning into a part time job.

Thanks again!

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/12/20, 11:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your personal situation Gosan and I hope you get back on your feet asap. I have granted you 3 months with extra game slots so that at least you don't have to worry about this for the time being.
Gosan

Posted: 7/14/20, 2:21 AM

Thanks Jelan. I appreciate that.