Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo Sync 4.6.3 UI is not showing any characters.

Messages in topic: Magelo Sync 4.6.3 UI is not showing any characters.
Metanis
Premium User

Nbr post: 13
Register: 6/6/03
Posted: 7/14/20, 1:47 PM

Noticed this yesterday. Rebooted PC. Checked for Windows, Java, and Magelo Sync updates. The Sync UI shows zero characters and has the message about "trying to detect your currently logged in character." I currently have 1 of my prime characters actually logged in using ISBoxer (bypasses the DBG launcher by using the -patchme switch).

I have stopped and restarted the Magelo Sync client but it still doesn't show my logged-in character.

HOWEVER, the actual sync took place and I see current character info on the Magelo site. So the sync is actually working, it just doesn't show up in the client UI.

Edit to add the UI image I grabbed... https://i.imgur.com/hQ2c4R6.jpg

Thanks!
Metanis
Premium User

Nbr post: 13
Register: 6/6/03
Posted: 7/15/20, 3:54 PM

Now my main character is no longer showing as a Premium account which of course means he doesn't show up in the Rankings. I've already reset my characters once but it appears your software gets easily confused by the 40 alts I sometimes log in.

You should let the account holder determine which characters they want to sync so that this doesn't happen all the time. I don't even want my alts and mules to show up in your database and I keep deleting them.

You should change your subscription to a "per-character" basis and let us specify the characters we want to sync and then your sync client should only do those characters which were specified.

I realize you need to protect your IP, but it shouldn't be at the expense of breaking things for your paying subscribers!
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 7/16/20, 2:53 AM

You're able to de-select automatic synchronization within the app. This provides greater control over whom and when to sync.

In terms of your screenshot, I find that restarting the EQ client it's hung up on will resolve the issue of not detecting anyone.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/20/20, 2:56 AM

Hi Metanis,

If Fenthen suggestion does not work, please post your Magelo Sync log, it will help us understand what is going on. Keep us posted on how it goes, thanks.