Login / Sign up
> > > Alt Profiles missing ???

Messages in topic: Alt Profiles missing ???
Lyrian

Nbr post: 57
Register: 8/23/02
Posted: 11/7/06, 4:49 PM

I thought I read in the news that Alt Profiles have gone live, but still only main profile is available, and don't see anywhere to create an alternative profiile
Iron299wind

Nbr post: 15
Register: 9/10/02
Posted: 11/7/06, 5:07 PM

They were showing up this morning, but disapeared after Magelo went down for a couple hours. There didn't seem to be any way to select them outside of the modify windows though.
kimahry
Advisor

Nbr post: 282
Register: 1/26/04
Posted: 11/7/06, 7:02 PM

They were a few bugs in the alternate profiles so they are not available anymore until Jelan fixed them.

Sendaenea

Nbr post: 7
Register: 10/19/01
Posted: 11/12/06, 6:57 AM

any idea on when they will be fixed? I really liked being able to make adjustments to my armor and augs to see what works out best.
Mythavatar

Nbr post: 5
Register: 6/18/02
Posted: 11/13/06, 6:46 AM

When alternate profiles do make a return will they do so for ALL users or only those with premium accounts (I notice they are listed as a premium feature now)?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/13/06, 8:52 AM

You are correct, alternate profiles are for premium only now.
Iron299wind

Nbr post: 15
Register: 9/10/02
Posted: 11/13/06, 5:13 PM

That does seem kind of harsh. You can still create another profile, as just an additional character, but now you can only see it by using a different shortcut assuming you can get the new and the old to sync up, which I have not managed yet.

I have been considering premium for the purpose of in game sync, but I dont like being forced into it just to keep alternate profiles which I found handy to plan out my upgrades for the next year or two.

Please reconsider this,

Ironwind
Mythavatar

Register: 6/18/02
Posted: 11/14/06, 8:11 AM

I agree 100% with Ironwind. Non premium users will simply create duplicate profiles on multiple accounts to circumvent this. Besides having a knockon affect to the rankings system – which non premium users cannot use anyway – it will make little difference. Given enough development time, those at Magelo might come up with a system that truly prevents non premium users from accessing their alternate profiles but I think this would serve more to annoy potential premium users (and those using these alternate profiles to plan their own upgrades) than anything else.

Please reconsider.
Tenielle

Nbr post: 1
Register: 2/2/04
Posted: 11/15/06, 5:30 PM

and you build alternate profile as a premium member how?
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 11/16/06, 4:56 AM

Alternate profiles are still bugged and hence unavailable. They will be possible once the bugs with them have been crushed.
Maeluwen

Nbr post: 8
Register: 2/7/05
Posted: 12/1/06, 4:41 AM

One of the features I was looking for in magelo was Alternate Profiles. It has been months since I could last use them. I see that the fee has been doubled, while I still don't get the service I paid for.

If I compromise to do my job, and I don't do it as I should, I am warned. I have waited; I hope you understand my complain. If you want to charge like a company, then act as a company.
trupoet

Nbr post: 3
Register: 7/7/02
Posted: 12/1/06, 10:09 AM

Any word on alt profiles coming back anytime soon? ETA or anything?

Would like to get back into some possible gear upgrades etc
Fenneddar

Nbr post: 3
Register: 8/14/06
Posted: 12/3/06, 4:18 PM

Some of us have spent quite a large amount of time creating several alternate profiles of gear that we should be looking for, our utility sets, or our dream characters. Having that information disappear, and not being able to access it anywhere is increadibly frustrating.

The fact is we don't stop. We raid everyday and EQ doesn't stop for Magelo. The key and flag interface is so confusing that people just refuse to enter the information. Raid and group leaders depend on magelo to see what flags people need, what keys they have, and what gear is a good upgrade path for them. Not having this information current or accessible affects everyone.
Yokomizo

Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 12/4/06, 5:56 PM

An ETA on Alt profiles would be great, I really really miss being able to test out gear upgrade paths...
xzaviar

Nbr post: 23
Register: 2/9/05
Posted: 12/6/06, 6:35 PM

Grrr,

I finally broke down and resubscribed. Running two accounts it is still a good deal vs. EQ Players. It IS VERY irritating that the site STILL is not working however. Alt profiles shouldn't be that big of a jump in code from where you are.

Please get this fixed.