Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo only sees 1 instance?

Messages in topic: Magelo only sees 1 instance?
Kilvari

Nbr post: 6
Register: 3/21/02
Posted: 5/30/08, 8:02 PM

I'm used to using WinEQ2 to play 2 or sometimes 3 toons at once. This was never an issue with the older Magelo client, but the Sync client only sees the first session? Is this something that will be corrected? Am I just missing something? I see no way to get around this.

For me this really really hurts. Having to log all the way in and out of sessions rather than just using my WinEQ2 sessions is going to make this much less worthwhile to me. I'm hoping this is something that can and will be fixed.
Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 5/30/08, 8:34 PM

If you read the messages in reply to the News item on the front page the developers said that being able to sync multiple accounts simultaneously has been removed.

NosrednaSsor

Nbr post: 18
Register: 10/22/01
Posted: 5/31/08, 1:40 PM

This hurts all multi boxxers. Will it be reimplemented?

Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 5/31/08, 2:11 PM

I don't know. I'm trying to get all of those who are affected by it to post in one place so that the Developers can get an idea of how much of the customer base is affected by it.

Nathorout

Nbr post: 3
Register: 1/11/05
Posted: 5/31/08, 2:47 PM

I have running 2-3 instances of EQ and I cant select, which one of them will updated with magelo.
I have to log all accounts single on/off to update

For me this is a really important feature and I hope its fixed soon.

shadowphax

Nbr post: 24
Register: 12/29/01
Posted: 5/31/08, 2:55 PM

I'm not sure I understand why there is now a special thread for this. You have multiple threads with lists of people who want the ability to sync multiple accounts on the same PC. But in keeping with your wish here it is again.

Plz add back the ability to sync multiple accounts on the same PC. Magelo is cumbersome without that ability and I would probably stop using it.
benovitch

Nbr post: 19
Register: 12/31/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 3:30 PM

afftected also, i want to have it back it's boring to have to log 6 accounts one by one to have the update done
Numbers

Nbr post: 8
Register: 1/25/05
Posted: 5/31/08, 4:38 PM

also affected, would opening two instances of "magelo sync" happen to pick up different accounts maybe?
Jonile

Nbr post: 1
Register: 6/22/03
Posted: 5/31/08, 5:28 PM

I am only able to sync my main character...I see no option to sync my secondary alt (which is on another EQ account). How can this be done?

[url= /img/url' target='new'>http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1229717][img]http://eq.sig.magelo.com/1229717.png/img/url
Timeflower
Premium User

Nbr post: 6
Register: 4/19/06
Posted: 5/31/08, 5:44 PM

2-3 accounts here on same comp all the time
Aalzien

Nbr post: 8
Register: 5/21/03
Posted: 5/31/08, 6:07 PM

Hi, I have three characters registered for sync and they are all in different accounts. For info, I box them using the same pc and two different EQ folders.
The issue appears to be that Sync only detects the characters logged from the EQ instance started from the original EQ folder, whilst ignoring logged characters on the EQ instance started from any other. Eg:
C:\XXXX\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest\ as original folder and
C:\XXXX\Sony Online Entertainment\COPY1EverQuest\.
Engineere6

Nbr post: 45
Register: 3/16/05
Posted: 5/31/08, 6:35 PM

Want the ability to sync more than one toon at a time back..........

Ioldari8

Nbr post: 19
Register: 8/18/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 6:53 PM

i have multiplae account to on same pc but same as engineere said mutiple toons at once is just as important
Lias

Nbr post: 247
Register: 10/13/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 7:37 PM

> If you read the messages in reply to the News item on the front page the developers
> said that being able to sync multiple accounts simultaneously has been removed.

And I wish to add my voice as one disagreeing with the move. The justification was "simplification" but the result is actually more complexity for many users. I explain myself further in my "Magelo Synch" thread in the Bugs forum.

kobalt
Premium User

Nbr post: 2
Register: 10/17/03
Posted: 5/31/08, 7:47 PM

same issue I run 2 to 3 accounts at the same time on 1 pc, like today I have an account up and a 2nd account I want to update the magelo for but it seems I cant unless I log out of the first account