Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo only sees 1 instance?

Messages in topic: Magelo only sees 1 instance?
Desideratus

Nbr post: 16
Register: 3/15/04
Posted: 5/31/08, 8:07 PM

Affected. The news messaage claims Magelo Sync had "more functionality and usability" than Magelo Update. It has far less. I update four accounts, on 2 computers both of which 2-box. I often swap toons in and out - mules and traders and tradeskillers, as well as playable alts. Sunching all of these was one of the joys of the highly-functional and versatile Magelo Update.

Please bring back ALL the functionality of Magelo Update. Add any pretty you want to like Magelo Sync has - or don't. I want to sync up to 32 characters with one button push please, having had them on multiple sessions.
Nottall

Nbr post: 10
Register: 10/2/01
Posted: 5/31/08, 9:17 PM

Affected here as well. I box 3 accounts and will stop using magelo before I have to manually update anything. The whole reason why I pay for premium service is so I would not have to do that!!!

Clarrity

Nbr post: 2
Register: 10/31/04
Posted: 5/31/08, 9:50 PM

Affected here too.

I posted on another thread before I found this one.. (and for those who saw/were offended by it.....my other post was not a threat I was merely relaying what has been said between myself and some other eq players)
Severos

Nbr post: 6
Register: 8/24/03
Posted: 5/31/08, 10:35 PM

oh well, Im also affected ... I used old sync tool to sync charactes with magelo and export their Inventory as XML/TXT File. I did this with logging each char on and the old sync tool (the good one) remembered each char I had online, no matter on what EQ Instance I had them (usually I use 3 EQ Accounts).

Now, with the new sync tool (the bad one that can only look good), I have to use the sync/export with every single character. I can not even have more EQ Instances running at the same time, becourse the new sync tool (the bad one, that can only look good) just takes one of the running Instances, but never the one I want to.

Give us the Ability back we had with the old sync tool (the food one).
Darkmatil

Nbr post: 73
Register: 6/10/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 10:41 PM

I run 2 accounts, and would really like the ability to sync 2 accounts at the same time to return.

Darkmatil Bonebringer
Necromancer from Cazic Thule
Crimson Talon
stormmore

Nbr post: 2
Register: 12/15/07
Posted: 6/1/08, 1:24 AM

I run 2 accounts on the same system. Even though it says it is syncing it doesnt sync at all.
bigbadwolf
Premium User

Nbr post: 7
Register: 3/24/03
Posted: 6/1/08, 2:01 AM

Affected too. I have two accounts, even tho I don't always box, but changing toons one just one account and having to sync each character individually is unappealing at best.

Macloan

Nbr post: 1
Register: 7/22/03
Posted: 6/1/08, 2:11 AM

My account is affected also, I run multiple toons on one computer.
jorekil

Nbr post: 7
Register: 12/24/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 3:12 AM

My accounts are affected. This is the first time we saw that magelo's update had been changed, and I can't even put into words how FRUSTRATING this is. As many have posted before, it is a HUGE pain (and time sink) to have to sit here and log in one character at a time to get updated. Even EQPlayers is more efficient than this!!! I don't have time to sit at my desk for 30 - 40 minutes just to log my characters in and out, to sync them one at a time.

I run up to 5 eq account on 3 computers.

I really could care less about the "pretty" interface with this magelo sync.
Just give us the functionality of the old Magelo Update, please, thank you very much.
ahince

Nbr post: 3
Register: 7/27/04
Posted: 6/1/08, 3:35 AM

I have the same problem as everyone else, I run at least 2 accounts and would like to be able to update both as I did before.

Drmiangoth 95 Paladin on Drinal
Evra ORady

Register: 2/9/04
Posted: 6/1/08, 4:17 AM

I am encountering same said issue. Have three characters on three accounts, and I run them on the same box using multiple EQ sessions, and can only sync the first session character. This is really frustrating not to be able to get at my finger tips all the nice features the new Magelo Sync is providing.
Peill Shadowlute

Register: 5/18/04
Posted: 6/1/08, 4:27 AM

I use 2 accounts running independantly as well, no wineq or anything, just 2 accts running. Its only showing 1 of my characters, though 2 are logged on. I logged off the one that was showing, but still no go, it doesn't even see my single logged in character without a complete reset. just adding my name to the petition! <3
brownsfan9
Premium User

Nbr post: 10
Register: 1/18/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 7:02 AM

I am also affected I have 3 accounts that I update. I log in different account on different computers. Also need to be able to sync after logging out I do not always remember to sync while in game and think about later.
nyteshadow

Nbr post: 20
Register: 4/5/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 8:10 AM

use 2 computers with 3 accounts running on each, please add the multiple account update feature back in
Starlight

Nbr post: 8
Register: 2/24/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 10:47 AM

This affects me also, if not always.