Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo only sees 1 instance?

Messages in topic: Magelo only sees 1 instance?
Serlea

Nbr post: 14
Register: 2/13/06
Posted: 6/3/08, 12:18 AM

2 boxer here (War and pocket Cleric). This sucks! Can't get ANY of my toons to update right if I have 2 instances running. Either get lvl or gear, not both.

Thank you! = )
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 6/3/08, 5:29 AM

Hi all, you will find below the post of Jelan from the news topic.
Thanks for all your comments

As Drazzminius pointed out, my response has been definitely "hastily" written and I am sorry for the little earthquake it triggered.

I sincerely think the simplification of the UI was needed to improve its usability and overall, the new client is much more easier to use now.

That's being said, since the foundation of Magelo, we have always listen to our community feedbacks and we try to serve you as best as we can. We heard you and we are working on how to solve this multi box issue as well as the few bugs we have. We will get back to you with some good news very soon!

Thanks all for your comments so far and don't worry, we will not let you down.
Jelan

Kiru
Premium User

Nbr post: 8
Register: 5/1/04
Posted: 6/4/08, 3:10 AM

I'd be happy with a drop-down or radio-buttons that let me choose which one account to update if it's necessary to leave things set to update one character at a time.
Runawayordie

Nbr post: 13
Register: 8/24/04
Posted: 6/5/08, 1:51 AM

ok this really needs fixxed only being able to sinc one char at a time ( even when nox boxing but just just switching between toons on same acct)is rediculous especialy when it doesnt seem ( atleast on my acct) to up date the proper lvls and stuff i had to go back in and update that manualy and also if you log out you cant sinc WTF cmon the old updater imo was far superior and tons more convienient please go back or fix this
Kilundrum

Nbr post: 15
Register: 3/18/02
Posted: 6/5/08, 9:21 PM

I have three problems with the new and degraded Sync.

1) I now have to manually activate Sync and sync. each toon I activate.
2) I now have to manually export each toon I activate to get new items I've stored on the toon.
3) On the machine I run multiple accounts I have to exit the first EQ instance, exit Sync, start up Sync, and then proceed to do the above two steps for each toon that I've changed their inventory.

Whoever ok'ed these degradations needs to be talked to.

Kilundrum Whiteforge
ivan14

Nbr post: 3
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 6/6/08, 5:49 AM

I run two accounts at the same time - I need to be able to sync them both (at the moment I cannot sync either of them because sync does not work at all for me).

seafarer

Nbr post: 15
Register: 11/29/01
Posted: 6/6/08, 11:06 AM

I mostly miss the opportunity to sync after I logged off and closed down, but of course sometimes I log on to different characters on same account one after the other, and sometimes I log on several accounts one after the other. rarely simultaneously, but it happens.

so I'll join the moaning quire here. also posted on news thread.
  • need offline synch back ASAP!!!!
  • need multi synch back as well!

...I mean... how hard can it be to cache that info?

to try to see some positive.... new updater looks good, and the desktop icon upgrade is also to the better :D
startup wizard is also good... but why do I have to look at that wow button after the first start? put it away in a menu or something!

I never had ANY problems understanding how to use the old one with check boxes etc... so why they removed it is beyond me.

Wizardly yours,
Seafarer Saltwind of Karana
Drachenreiter
AB server
Everquest
Tenien

Nbr post: 51
Register: 10/10/01
Posted: 6/6/08, 1:44 PM

Add me to the list of using multiple accounts on one computer.

"I have three problems with the new and degraded Sync.

1) I now have to manually activate Sync and sync. each toon I activate.
2) I now have to manually export each toon I activate to get new items I've stored on the toon.
3) On the machine I run multiple accounts I have to exit the first EQ instance, exit Sync, start up Sync, and then proceed to do the above two steps for each toon that I've changed their inventory."

Good summary of the problems. The lack of offline sync'ing and export functions is the real a killer for me.
FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 6/7/08, 4:34 AM

Ok you wanted everyone to post in the same place and are yet to announce you are fixing these issues. This is very SOE-esque. I mean are you people really crazy enough to think that people will keep paying for magelo with this piece of crap you released? EQPlayers may have its issues BUT I can use it on 2 accounts that are logged in. What made magelo update so much more awesome than eqplayers was the ability to do the sync after the toons had logged off.

I want what the old update offered. My account expires in 2 days and if this aint fixed I'm just gonna subsribe to eqplayers and be done with it. I have been loyal to you guys for years. If the lack of response or concern toward your customers is what I get for that, then I could care less if magelo didnt exist anymore. I spend a ton of time on EQ and magelo has always been an awesome tool. It is extremely inconvenient when it is not working. Let's stop going over and over it and just fix the damn thing.

Oh, and the comment on the first page of replies from the admin talking about wanting us to post in the same thread so the devs can see how many customers are affected means they want to see if there are enough of us for them to give a damn. Most of us have been paying for this for years. If the ones that have posted arent important enough, then you have your priorities screwed up. We, the customers, made magelo what it is. Give us what we paid for.
Numbers

Nbr post: 8
Register: 1/25/05
Posted: 6/7/08, 6:16 AM

We heard you and we are working on how to solve this multi box issue

why not just ninja the code from the old sync, or parts of it at least. sure it's not the best, but at least it worked and can continue to work until you get it rewritten and fixed up in a better fashion.

i would also like to say thanks for looking into this and attempting to restore the multi box functionality.
Loklan

Nbr post: 1
Register: 9/21/03
Posted: 6/7/08, 1:04 PM

Signing up here for the "removing multiple character sync was bad enough for me to not want to pay for Magelo anymore".

Loklan

PS-On a different yet related subject, I think it's INSANE the developers threw Sync at us when it's obviously barely working, and remove the functionality of the Magelo Update. As of right now one of my characters won't sync at all, the other syncs wrong. So I'm getting absolutely nothing for my money.
Woodfro

Register: 4/7/03
Posted: 6/7/08, 9:18 PM

I have 2 magelo accounts so that I can synch my 11 accounts. I often 6 box and one of the best features had always been the ability to synch up the 6 chars on one box. Please bring this functionality back.

Thanks,
divedet

Register: 2/5/03
Posted: 6/8/08, 2:47 AM

Same boat here; I box 6 toons...2 on one computer and 4 on the other. I've had a ton of trouble with the old Magelo Update on my Vista box, but the new Magelo Synch seems to work smoothly.

However, not being able to sync all my accounts is a SERIOUS inconvenience, that I hope will be corrected soon.

Runawayordie

Nbr post: 13
Register: 8/24/04
Posted: 6/8/08, 4:00 AM

i would also like to add that beside the multi account problem sync is still NOT syncing my characters correctly i am still haveing to go in and manualy updateing lvl and stuff the gear is being updated but that is it
Fuzzball

Nbr post: 9
Register: 8/3/06
Posted: 6/8/08, 7:35 AM

I box all the time if I'm not raiding.
I need magelo update functionality back.
Sync rocks. except for the no multi-sync/auto-exporting.

Please?