Login / Sign up
> > > Viewing profiles is hard as text similar to background

Messages in topic: Viewing profiles is hard as text similar to background
Thelynxeffect

Nbr post: 7
Register: 1/25/03
Posted: 3/16/09, 6:04 PM

When I view profiles (mine and others) I get an opaque background that makes it hard to read the text or numbers. Have tried to copy what I am seeing to make it easy for others to understand what I am seeing but have so far failed . I haven't seen any other posts about this issue but would imagine if it were commonplace that someone would have spoken up by now and therefore must conclude that I have a setting wrong somewhere although for the life of me I don't know what.

I have tried to change the opaque setting in the customise section but the drop down menu only goes as low as 60% (100% setting is worse than 60%).

This opaque setting appears as boxes around the text or graphic - eg the authentic logo in my profile has a square opaque box around it.

Any ideas as to what I need to do to fix this - the issue has been with me now for a few months - I'm running Xp (patched to date) and IE6 sp3.

Many thanks in advance for any tips or advice that will fix this annoying issue.

Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 3/17/09, 7:20 AM

Hello Thelynxeffect,

This error may be due to changes that have been made to upgrade the Magelo website - older versions of browsers will have difficulty viewing them. I would suggest upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 (or IE7, at least) if you wish to continue using Internet Explorer, or use Mozilla Firefox 3/Google Chrome to view the Magelo website.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Thelynxeffect

Nbr post: 7
Register: 1/25/03
Posted: 3/22/09, 9:43 PM

Many thanks for the suggestion, I have updated IE and it is all displaying properly once again