Login / Sign up
> > > still no eta for others games?

Messages in topic: still no eta for others games?
ironnigator

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/19/06
Posted: 11/19/06, 10:30 AM

Seems like you guys are really busy with EQ
Also, i still think magelo is above others Character Profile system explaining why i m still looking around for others games ( e.g wow ).
i remember you guys were speaking about few weeks after release of EQ, although since there is no word on it yet and as EQ seems to required a lot of work still, i was wondering if you could already speak about any release time or something?

Sry if it has been post in another part of the forum, even though the best place for it is prolly that one

Rgds
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 11/20/06, 3:44 AM

Don't expect anything soon. Going live with EQ1 support is proving problematic, not to mention all the features to come. It all takes time. Always more time than expected.

When support for WoW and, separately, EQ2 nears readiness, they will go through the same process as for EQ1: internal beta, open beta, live. I haven't heard anything about internal betas so, well, there you go.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Eltheran
Advisor

Nbr post: 189
Register: 10/4/01
Posted: 11/20/06, 10:39 AM

WOW will most likely go first, but there is no ETA (and if Jelan announces one, ignore it )
Maelya

Nbr post: 9
Register: 5/14/02
Posted: 11/21/06, 5:47 PM

So how would one go about beta testing? I'd love to test out the EQ2 version (if I'm still playing EQ2 when it comes about) as I simply adored this site, making my profile, making backgrounds for my background and others as well, just the whole thing. It was a ton of fun for me! Would love to see this come about for EQ2, as their personal site is buggy as hell, and I don't get to customize it.
Dalren

Nbr post: 27
Register: 10/18/01
Posted: 11/25/06, 11:22 PM

Don't honestly get your hopes up at this point...

I could have sworm they said it would be shortly after the new EQ version went live, but it looks like that has changed.

Expect it by MAYBE 2010.

Yeah, i'm annoyed =p. I can understand how busy they must be though with all the issues that seem to be coming up with the EQ version.
Luinne

Nbr post: 10
Register: 3/18/02
Posted: 11/29/06, 3:15 PM

so no EQ2 version. Gotcha. Understandble i guess. Keeping up with one database that is extensive as EQ1 can be daunting indeed. Taking on more then one would be a herculian effort to say the least.

Best of luck Magelo Group! I joined you guys back in `02 but it seems that there is to be no evolution onto newer MMO's for you. Pity. Your services will be missed.

"Did you ever consider the reason that you are still alive is simply to serve as a warning to others?"
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 11/29/06, 3:59 PM

Evolution to other games will happen; heck, one of the primary reasons to switch to the new Magelo platform was to ease the means of installing support for other games as time passes.

It's unfortunate to say the least that things have been delayed as they have, but it is coming for other games; WoW and EQ2 being scheduled first and VG:SoH after that, to begin with.
tudana

Nbr post: 9
Register: 10/3/01
Posted: 11/29/06, 11:19 PM

This is good to hear - I was just surfing for a means for my guild to have character profiles (when game goes live) for Vanguard:saga of heros and my first thoughts were of Magelos!
Was curious if you were going to look that direction.

I will keep Magelo on my favorites and keep checking back.

Site looks great!

Villordsutch1975

Nbr post: 79
Register: 6/27/05
Posted: 12/6/06, 9:19 AM

I keep coming back here ever few months too see if the is any WoW beta.

I would love to return to Magelo as I found it excellent for EQ1, but it seems you have found your comfortable slippers and are content in supporting unfortunatly a dying game, with more talks of more server merges I can see EQ1 coming to a stop in the next few years.

WoW has been around now for a good few years along with EQ2 plus others, yet you are sticking to what you know and has added bells and whistles to the old Magelo for EQ1.

I want to use Magelo, as it is very user friendly, I currently use WoWReader similar but no where near as great as what Magelo was.

Consider evolving.

Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 12/6/06, 12:39 PM

It will come. It's just that getting EQ1 support right is difficult.

And the infrastructure has evolved. It's just that you can't see it. Consider it growing pains.

Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
threeflies

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/8/01
Posted: 1/20/07, 9:11 AM

WOW with a potential 8 million customer base . Tempting ?
Eltheran
Advisor

Nbr post: 189
Register: 10/4/01
Posted: 1/20/07, 1:36 PM

Tempting simply because some of us actually play WoW
Villordsutch1975

Nbr post: 79
Register: 6/27/05
Posted: 2/6/07, 9:14 AM

Awww poo.

Still no WoW mentioned on your roadmap to the future.

Heck really...You could make a lovely few pennies (sure you have done the maths) from tapping into the WoW market.

tskrup

Nbr post: 2
Register: 3/5/02
Posted: 2/16/07, 12:20 PM

AM I to assume that since it no longer lists any upcoming games when you click on teh link that there is no chance of seeing WoW as part of magelo?

Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 2/17/07, 4:06 PM

That would be an incorrect assumption. What link are you clicking on?