Login / Sign up
> > > 10 Slot Inventory and New Bags? (Done)

Messages in topic: 10 Slot Inventory and New Bags? (Done)
FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 2/9/11, 3:15 AM

I have 18 characters plus mules. The only thing I need magelo for is to go check what my toons have quickly. I have a hotbar menu on firefox for my toon profiles for quick access. If I need to see if one or more of my toons has a particular item, I can quickly access them and then look through their bags and banks.

Again, this is the only reason I have used magelo all these years. It works very well. We just need it to show all 10 bag slots and the correct sizes of the bags.

I did look at the inventory tool and it is not very handy for this purpose. Even if it were set up showing the characters bags, it still slows things down.

I love magelo. I have had very few problems with it over the years. It has been crucial to me when I have gotten into my extreme item farming mode from time to time. It would make me sad if it were no longer useful to me.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 2/10/11, 11:16 PM

Thanks for your feedback FarionaSG, now that I know you are trying to do, I can advise you to have a second look at the inventory. You must have missed the 'By items' tab which specifically address what you are trying to do. This tab is now the default tab since I believe it's the most interesting one.

Within this tab you can instantly find any item across all your character using a keyword or using some filters. When you mouse over the name of a character holding the desired item, you will now have an helper tooltip showing you exactly where the item is in your inv/bank/sharedBank.

Using the inventory tool should be much more faster than opening each of your profile and checking each of your bag to find a given item

Let me know how it goes.

Carnon
Advisor

Nbr post: 194
Register: 3/27/08
Posted: 2/11/11, 3:00 AM

I am sorry, I just do not understand why you can not add 2 extra slots to the main view in our inventory and allow bags to show more then 10 slots when clicked on in your main magelo profile? I know I am beating a dead horse here, and you say half the people hide their bank/money etc from the public, but some of us still do show their inventory that they keep on them... and I am proud of the bags and the items that I keep on myself.. I am happy with Magelo and I cringe when people mention eqplayers profiles.. and I wont change using magelo cause of this issue, I just wish that this problem would be fixed... i mean when I hit "I" in eq.. i see my 10 slots of my inventory and when i click open a bag i see all slots be it 10-20 slots in a bag... why can I not do the same with my magelo? I really cant believe that you guys who made video game profiles as high tech as youguys did are stumped by something as simple as this... come on guys.. U are the best at this, If its cost to do the prgraming. I am even wiling to pay more to help the cost of the coding... I just want my magelo to show what I saw what I see when i look at my inventory window in game Like it showed before House of Thule came out. Again, I am sorry for beating a dead horse.. i just do not want to believe that this change in code is such a huge deal that it was just not addressed and fixed months ago...I understand the so and so % hide their inventory, but I am not that % of user, and I want to show my full inventory of what i keep on myself... Wont ask/bug you anymore on this issue. just the first thing from EQ that i have on my "I wish they would fix this" list that is not directed at SoE themselves and Magelo instead....You guys are the only decent option i see when profiling my eq profile. i just hate being cut off at the legs on this issue... Like my RDC (Drill Instructor) told me in bootcamp... I dont want/need excuses, i just want results..

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
xzaviar

Nbr post: 23
Register: 2/9/05
Posted: 2/11/11, 9:21 AM

The new inventory thing is neat.

However, I also agree that being able to see your bags on your profile would be a good thing that most people would enjoy. This is especially true now I feel as the game has bags which are as big of a trophy item as armor items.

While bank and money I can see are blocked, I'm actually surprised that basic carried inventory is blocked by a large majority. I very rarely see this on the profiles I look at. I hope at some point you reconsider and show all 10 primary slots along with having bags when clicked open up to 20 slots.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 2/12/11, 1:30 PM

It's been said that the "customer is king" so enjoy your 10 inventory slots and your big bags

I thank everyone who passionately defended their point of view, Magelo has and will always be community driven and I hope this once again re affirm that.

By the way, the inventory got some love too, you can now see the exact location of your items, just mouse over the character for a given item and watch

Have a good WE !
FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 2/13/11, 3:06 AM

Thanks Jelan
Altreal1
Premium User

Nbr post: 220
Register: 1/16/07
Posted: 7/6/11, 3:36 PM

Curious if plans are in the works to support the even larger bags now available? 32 slot is the most I have seen; but as soon as I buy 1, the 40 slot bag is sure to become available.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/9/11, 12:45 AM

I knew it was coming.... Geez
Honestly with the inventory tool, I really feel bags dont really belong to the profile anymore..
Anyhow will see how I can integrate a scrollable bag somehow
Altreal1
Premium User

Nbr post: 220
Register: 1/16/07
Posted: 8/19/11, 1:34 PM

Scrolling bags look great. Thanks for the fix.
Zaph 0dd

Nbr post: 10
Register: 3/8/02
Posted: 8/22/11, 3:58 AM

Any and all access to inventory staying Premium only?

Would be nice to update mine that's stayed the same for the past 6 years once in a while.
Zaph 0dd

Nbr post: 10
Register: 3/8/02
Posted: 1/25/12, 1:13 AM

Guess thats a no then, get what i pay for, nothing for nothing.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 1/25/12, 11:35 PM

i Zaph 0dd,
The inventory tool is in fact a Premium feature. You can take the Premium trial if you want to fully sync your character now and try out all the Premium features for 10 days. The Premium offer is our only way to keep going. Thanks to the support of our Premium members we can continue to maintain the features you like and we can develop new ones. Without this support, Magelo will not be there anymore.
Carnon
Advisor

Nbr post: 194
Register: 3/27/08
Posted: 1/26/12, 5:03 AM

I have been a member of magelo for a long time and I encourage everyone in my guild to get the premimun service... just the profile updater is worth the very resonable cost and along with the other features you add its just iceing on the cake..

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator