Login / Sign up
> > > Languages

Messages in topic: Languages
Altreal1
Premium User

Nbr post: 220
Register: 1/16/07
Posted: 8/16/11, 4:19 PM

I currently have 28 languages mastered (normal 25 + 3 unknowns). The magelo profile lists 6 entries of "Unknown" between Troll and Vah Shir, of which i have been able to learn the 4th and 5th. I'm trying to find out if the other 4 are able to be learned and if someone does indeed have points in them. Thank you for any feedback.

edit: Found 1.
Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 8/17/11, 3:12 AM

Hey Altreal1!

How did you learn the "Unknowns"? I've mastered all of the others on my Main, but hadn't even tried to pursue the Unknown ones. Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
Altreal1
Premium User

Nbr post: 220
Register: 1/16/07
Posted: 8/17/11, 12:46 PM

From the various sources I scour daily (Alla, EQ Forums, etc),

"There is at least one language that can appear as Unknown Language when a character transfers off a special server to a standard server where the language does not exist".

The best hypothesis on the 3 unknowns i have are from Characters that transferred from Zek/FV to Stormhammer then migrated to other servers; the original languages being "Human" from FV and 2 separate faction/team languages from Zek.

Before Magelo updated the language section of profiles, it was a blindfolded scavenger hunt finding a person who knew (originator or pupil) any of the unknowns; now it's a matter of searching hundreds of thousands of recent authentic profiles for a non zero value in one of the languages. As with any language, all it takes is 1 person with as little as 1 point in the language to master it and share it with others.

I had hoped that one of the Magelo staff would be able to do a quick query to see if any profile had points in the last 4 or if they are truly lost to history.