Login / Sign up
> > > Flags, Keys etc

Messages in topic: Flags, Keys etc
Juggahnaut

Nbr post: 2
Register: 10/27/01
Posted: 12/5/06, 12:29 PM

Are the flags and keys supposed to auto update when you sync your characters? If so, mine do not. Another question thats related, is it possible to show a Tasks/Quests completed list and toggle on/off for that as well? And if so, possibly a guild toggle to see who has which tasks in guild, but not publicly?

BTW, great improvement over previous Magelo if you ask me. Keep it up!

Juggah
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 12/5/06, 7:11 PM

Flags and Keys data is kept strictly serverside, so Magelo is not able to collect that data.

I can't say anything about the rest.
moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 12/6/06, 5:00 PM

Is there any plan to auto sync them in the future?

If you leave Magelo running and try to zone into one of these zones, surely Magelo could detect whether you actually zoned into the zone and therefore are flagged/keyed for that zone.

A way to decipher whether or not you were virtual flagged into the zone would be to check for the text that usually is accompanied by it. I forget exactly what it says. But it is red text that is distinct.

It may also be time for Magelo to start sniffing the network for info and not just your computer's memory. Alla's updater has done this for years. I think the threat that Sony is going to sue over it is nonsense at this point.

Moklianne -Magelo
Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 12/6/06, 9:23 PM

They are stored server side so Magelo cannot read them - which means they cannot auto sync them.

Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 12/7/06, 4:10 AM

Zoning into a flag-gated zone doesn't necessarily mean you are flagged for the zone due to guesting. So that trick won't work.

We have something in the works. Please wait for it to be released. It does not include syncing.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.