Login / Sign up
> > > Password reset and Subscription expiry e-mail notice

Messages in topic: Password reset and Subscription expiry e-mail notice
Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 2/4/09, 2:17 AM

Hi everyone!

It's been a hectic week since our last update to the website and Magelo Sync. We've been having many issues crop up and our team had less time to keep you guys updated in the forums so I'd just like to make a post informing everyone of what's going on from our side.

Account Password Resets

Ok, every one had been made to do it with no prior warning. In our haste to make sure everyone gets to update their characters, we forgot to take Murphy's Law into account, ending up with lots more downtime for everyone. We're sorry for that and our team is helping everyone reset their passwords and emails as soon as possible. We'll try to keep you guys warned in advance if anything like this will be needed in the future.

Some of you have been using the password recovery tools without receiving a single email for hours. It's due to some setting on either end - we're still investigating this to see whether it's the email server settings or if we're on someone's list of spammers.

In any case, please know that we've not neglected any of you - we're going to make sure each of you get your accounts back. Please send us a message at http://eq.magelo.com/contact_us.jspa or shoot us an email directly at support@magelo.com to request our assistance in recovering your account. I would also like to ask for everyone's cooperation in keeping the support@magelo.com email strictly for account recovery and account management purposes, at least until we have this resolved.

Flames are welcome at erycil@magelo.com.

Email Bug

Recently, some of you may have received an email sent informing the impending expiration of your Premium service. This email was accidentally sent as the result of a bug in our email system and we are taking steps to prevent any similar occurrences in the future.

I understand you may be upset by it and I apologize for the inconvenience or confusion that the email may have caused. I would also like to let you know that the email sent will not affect your Premium subscription in any way.

To check on the expiry date of your Premium service, you may log in to your account on the Magelo website and select 'My account' to view the expiry date of Premium services for your account. This is the most accurate indicator of the expiry date of your Premium subscription.

If you are still unsure or have any general enquiries about your Premium subscription period, you may wish to open a ticket or post in the Support forums.

Current issues handled

With the current password reset issues, I'm sorry to say I haven't been able to keep you informed on what's going on in the forums properly recently. I do try to check out what everyone has posted around the forums when I can, but I might not always be able to reply to your questions in time.

Here I'll just give you guys a list of what major issues we've been able to see from the forums, please feel free to post anything we've left out, though it will be nice if we could keep them in the Bug Report forum.
  • Inability to edit Signatures
  • Inability to edit Archetype, Class, and Special AAs. (I've been able to add AAs in General the last time I checked)
  • Inability to display item tooltips during mouse over in IE

Inability to post on the forums

This one is a minor issue, but I think it was something that's already fixed. As we have no way of knowing without communication from those who had been unable to post, please let us know at http://eq.magelo.com/contact_us.jspa or shoot us an email directly at support@magelo.com with your account name and what browser you're using, and any error messages if any.

That should be about it. If you've got any other issues please feel free to post replies!
Erycil

Posted: 2/4/09, 5:00 AM

We've also been having difficulties replying to certain e-mail addresses - our reply emails were sent back to us for various reasons. If you haven't heard from us in 48 hours since you've sent us an email, we would appreciate it if you send us an email from another easily available email service.

Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.
Shelearns

Nbr post: 143
Register: 1/16/06
Posted: 2/4/09, 5:23 AM

Test. Ok, looks like I can post on the forums again.
Erycil

Posted: 2/4/09, 6:58 AM

Welcome back Shelearns
kaisen

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/22/02
Posted: 2/6/09, 2:22 PM

Mistakes happen yes? At least you have fixed the issues.

Occam

Nbr post: 49
Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 2/8/09, 6:35 PM

I'm sure it hasn't been forgotten, but AC is still off by a fair amount. For example, my profile still shows 101 less AC than I have in-game.

The only other thing I can think of, with the tooltip thing you mentioned, is that some items' tooltips go off the top of the screen. For an example of this you can look at the greaves, boots, charm, and 1HS in my profile. I've seen this in Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6, IE7, Safari 3.2.1 (for windows) and Google Chrome.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Melanippe
Premium User

Nbr post: 5
Register: 1/11/03
Posted: 2/11/09, 5:21 AM

I just wish to be sure about that e-mail. Will my premium account automatically renew or must I renew it on or before the expiration date?

A big thank you for so quickly addressing all the recent bugs. It makes one feel good that you all work hard to address any bugs or problems that arise as quickly as you do. Another thank you also for how quickly you update Magelo when EQ patches. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks again.
Erycil

Posted: 2/11/09, 6:50 AM

Hi Melanippe and thank you for your kind words!

You may renew it before the expiration date that you can see in the "My accounts" page - once you renew, the 12 months will be added to your account if you still have a few days of active Premium subscription running.

Magelo subscription is non-recurring and you will have to renew it manually on the website.

Again, thank you very much for your continued support!
Erycil

Posted: 2/19/09, 1:15 AM

We're still getting Support forms with inactive emails and email addresses we are unable to reply to. When filling out the "Contact Us" form, please give us a working email address in the "Your email address" field so we can reply to your requests. Thanks!
Zurn

Nbr post: 5
Register: 10/17/03
Posted: 3/16/09, 3:08 AM

Sigh.. wish the AC was fixed too..

[link=" http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=833282"]Zurn Shadowwalker/link