Login / Sign up
> > > Ranking Round Table – Sorting classes

Messages in topic: Ranking Round Table – Sorting classes
doulsx

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/3/05
Posted: 11/18/06, 12:30 AM

For Rogues HP first then AC second will give a good measure of gear.
Ybidzian

Register: 3/21/05
Posted: 11/18/06, 2:15 AM

For necros HP > all else
Noxfires

Nbr post: 2
Register: 9/25/03
Posted: 11/18/06, 2:30 AM

For shaman its easily HP then mana.
WarriorKing

Nbr post: 6
Register: 3/4/05
Posted: 11/18/06, 2:37 AM

When it comes right down to it I honestly don't care about any of the other classes but, for the love of all that is holy or unholy, DO NOT make Warrior main stat be AC. AC is the mainstay of the knight classes. HP is and always has been a Warriors defining trait. We don't get AAs that raise our AC do we? No. We got AAs that raise HPs.

I am well aware of how important AC is for tanking, I have made many HP sacrifices to raise AC. But the one thing the warriors have always been masters of is HP and I think a search function should reflect that.

Tankenstein Monster - Masters Reborn - Stromm
Bazzek

Nbr post: 50
Register: 11/11/01
Posted: 11/18/06, 3:07 AM

You do realise that a raiding warrior has much more AC then a knight ever will?

and that avoidance and shielding AAs are AC AAs?

Guess not

Oliadar, Level 70 Magician of Undefined, The Nameless
Leileden, Level 67 Shaman of Undefined, The Nameless
Xiana, Level 66 Cleric of Undefined, The Nameless
Leilor, Level 53 Warrior of Undefined, The Nameless
Aaeronn

Register: 6/6/04
Posted: 11/18/06, 3:54 AM

Ranger = HP + Manna, AC

Btw, I'd like to see a resist average stat in the rankings.
SolSon44

Nbr post: 4
Register: 5/14/02
Posted: 11/18/06, 4:19 AM

For Ranger I suggest: HP > AC (I would say HP > ATK, but with TSS and L75 unbuffed attack rating have gone over 2100 so its getting rather common to see high attack rating across the board)
Arderd

Nbr post: 7
Register: 4/11/04
Posted: 11/18/06, 5:13 AM

Noticed all the AC tanks posting for AC > HP...

HP gives a better idea of a general ranking than AC does and it's therefore a better ranking by far. It's always been this way and very few people I know on my server sort by AC purely because you can get what's considered a very good amount of AC w/o using many AC augs or even any in some extreme cases.
AC just determines whether the person is an AC or HP auger which there are a lot of both.
Mendelevium

Nbr post: 11
Register: 10/23/06
Posted: 11/18/06, 5:23 AM

SK = ac, hp
Druid = mana, hp
Tresdrez

Nbr post: 11
Register: 6/16/02
Posted: 11/18/06, 5:25 AM

For beastlords I would do HP then AA
Meckwell

Register: 8/17/03
Posted: 11/18/06, 9:10 AM

For SKs....AC then Hitpoints
Queentaurean

Register: 9/3/05
Posted: 11/18/06, 9:37 AM

Okay, for all of those posting shamans hp > mana......your shaman must be of a lower lvl and not geared well in most cases. the livelihood of a shaman is based on mana and aas. an extra 1-2k hps in most cases might keep you alive for an extra couple seconds but if you have something that pissed off on you and you aren't using your mana/aas to save you...well, those hps sure did nothing for you /boggle. The whole point as a shaman is to keep things at a distance wether you are helping to support your group or are soloing. The hps are for when you mess up, as you have mucho aggro on spells, so that you may live long enough to throw out an aa like virulent parlysis and back it up with union of spirits and other shielding/mitigation aas until you have the mob under control again. Mana is the most important because it saves your life and the lives of those around you wether you are root parking...using VP to position away from the casters, blasting the tank, enhancing the attack of the group.raid, debuffing the mobs, buffing the groups, or adding dps of your own. Canni, in all of it's forms, is not enough to keep you constantly in mana even if you click it every time it pops, however, a simple 1200/tick HoT and or epic click heal you through 2-4 casts of canni leaving you with more mana and and still good on hps. AAs are the second most important as they give a shaman all of their little lifesaving tricks such as virulent paralysis, ancestral aid, swarm pets for positioning, instant blast heals and runes, mitigation buffs, healing wards, special forms to enhance attk, regen, criticals, and a constant HoT. Yes, honestly, for every shaman who plays with an eye on apps, they are looking for thier mana and aas if they like the person's skill. So,

SHAMAN: MANA - AAs
Bolas

Nbr post: 75
Register: 3/2/02
Posted: 11/18/06, 9:51 AM

>Noticed all the AC tanks posting for AC > HP...

"Noticed all the smart tanks posting AC > HP" corrected your quote for you.

>HP gives a better idea of a general ranking than AC does and it's therefore a better ranking by far. It's always been this way and very few people I know on my server sort by AC purely because you can get what's considered a very good amount of AC w/o using many AC augs or even any in some extreme cases.

Nonsense, AC gives a far better idea of tanking ability than HP does. www.evilgamer.net do some reading to better understand the key role that AC plays in tanking.

AC reduces incoming damage, which in turn reduces the number of heals it takes to keep the tank alive, which in turn reduces the amount of aggro the healers get from healing.

HP is only useful to break ties for people with the same AC.

What's considered a very good amount of AC = 4100 ac unbuffed. How do you get this without using AC augs, please explain.

>AC just determines whether the person is an AC or HP auger which there are a lot of both.

AC just determines if the person is smart or stupid, there are a lot of both.

# http://eq.magelo.com/profile/429220
Bolas

Nbr post: 75
Register: 3/2/02
Posted: 11/18/06, 9:56 AM

>You do realise that a raiding warrior has much more AC then a knight ever will?

I'll presume that you don't have premium and can't use the sort feature to sort for top AC serverwide.

Four of the top five spots on the AC rankings, including the top spot, are held by shadowknights at the moment. So this statement is easy to prove as false. Only one warrior in the top five at the moment.

Maybe the warriors are just cheap (don't pay for magelo premium) or lazy (can't be bothered to update) or stupid (don't understand how to get onto the rankings).

On the off chance that they're actually poor, here's a tip for ya – go sell your blood plasma for $25 and buy a year's subscription to magelo. Your body will easily replace the fluids in a short time, and the 2 to 3 hours to donate (sell) your plasma is well worth the year's subscription to magelo, since you'll save more than 2 to 3 hours of time by auto-synching magelo profiles.

>and that avoidance and shielding AAs are AC AAs?

Good point. Warriors most important aa's – avoidance and mitigation – are not hp aa's. HP aa's are for when you've already max'd out your avoidance and mitigation AA's.

-Bolas

# http://eq.magelo.com/profile/429220
WarriorKing

Register: 3/4/05
Posted: 11/18/06, 10:40 AM

Yes but Warriors are the only tanks who get the HP AAs is my point. Everyone gets the Avoidance and Mitigation AAs. /bonk

The one stat that Warriors exceed all other classes in and some want it ignored. Just seems stupid to me and I will be very disappointed if it happens. Magelo people I beg you, please do not be swayed by the vocal minority. Sure its important but not enough to trump a class defining trait when you are discussing how that class should be sorted.

Put it this way, in a World's Strongest Man competition stamina is as important to being a strong competitor as strength. But if you had to rank them based on one aspect of their physical make-up alone would you make it stamina? No you would make it the one thing that comes to mind when you think of them and thats strength. When it comes to stats Warriors are the same way, if you think Warrior you think HPs. Why change that?

Tankenstein Monster - Masters Reborn - Stromm