Messages in topic: Updates – 6 December
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 12/6/06, 5:43 PM

And here’s the today updates note.

New features
  • Missing spells made their way back under the My character's page. It has been slightly improved as we are now filtering out certain spells flagged for a class but that where not really available to the class. Also Deity restricted spells will only shows if your Deity matches.

Layout changes
  • Tooltips are now more intelligent as they know their position and will pop on top of an icon if they're near the bottom of a page. No more unreadable tooltips.
  • The size of the font has been increased on many pages to increase their readability. Some pages are still displayed with the previous font size, they will be changed soon.
  • Many 'content' related pages are now displayed in two columns as opposed to the three we had previously.

Advanced Search
  • H2H are now included when you do a search for 1h weapons or any weapons.
  • Searching within a certain scope, such as all your characters, your guild, your mules, etc. will now return raw items only (read un-augmented).
  • SpellShield will now work as an order value.

Bugs smashing
  • Corrected an issue where refunded AAs where still counted toward your total AAs points. If you've been hit by this bug, you need to synchronize or 'save' your character to fix this.
  • Many spells description that where missing have been added.
  • Fixed a bug with the Turkish locale. /wave to all players in Turkey

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
eqperone

Nbr post: 3
Register: 5/8/05
Posted: 12/6/06, 11:44 PM

I downloaded the patch to magelo and ran it. logged on both of my accounts. no characters available to sync. Did i do something wrong or do we have a bug? thanks.
Tienuviel

Nbr post: 1
Register: 7/10/06
Posted: 12/7/06, 12:00 AM

I am experiencing the same thing.
Lias

Nbr post: 247
Register: 10/13/02
Posted: 12/7/06, 12:06 AM

I ran MU and then got a login error, saying "an error occured when contacting the server"

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11398
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 12/7/06, 3:41 AM

We had a bug, i kinda under estimated the magnitude of the last EQ patch, they messed up with annoying things... But the good news is it's now fixed with MU 3.0.8
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 12/7/06, 3:46 AM

Perhaps our server was down. It's up now. I just sync'd successfully. If you continue to experience problems with the site or Magelo Update, please post in the Bug Reports section or open a trouble ticket (Help -> Tech Support -> New Issue).

• Many 'content' related pages are now displayed in two colons as opposed to the three we had previously.

WTB News edit button again! The correct word to use there is 'columns'. Anything "displayed in two colons" is going to need a stereoscopic proctoscope and clothes-pins for our noses.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11398
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 12/7/06, 3:52 AM

I swear Onetree, i will get those permission fixed by tomorrow.... Now it's almost 9am and i definitly need some sleep
Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 12/7/06, 4:12 AM

lol, gnight Jelan. Sleep well. And good work!

Tell Ishaar he may want to have his three colons looked into.

Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 12/7/06, 4:23 AM

Gosh! I guess that's what you get for making late night news....Thanks for the pointer anyway

Cheers

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
Nelwenie

Nbr post: 2
Register: 5/27/06
Posted: 12/7/06, 8:39 AM

I have the 3.0.8 and still cant syncronice for I cant see my characters. Thank you

Nel
Aldius

Nbr post: 118
Register: 11/16/01
Posted: 12/7/06, 11:16 AM

New features
Missing spells made their way back under the My character's page. It has been slightly improved as we are now filtering out certain spells flagged for a class but that where not really available to the class. Also Deity restricted spells will only shows if your Deity matches.

There's a problem with this.

When I look at my spells, I have all rk. ii spells available, but it's showing I dont have the older Rk. I spells. Maybe a check needs to be added that says If Rk. II exists, then ignore Rk. II...

Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 12/7/06, 12:51 PM

Known issue. It will be addressed soon.

Darlgontwo

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/13/04
Posted: 12/7/06, 1:50 PM

I must have a vision problem. Where is the missing spells link on the my characters page? I still dont see it.

NM, found it. It is under My Characters, Manage, Spells.. then a clickie link to missing spells.

Thank you guys.