Login / Sign up
> > > Can't get synch to work

Messages in topic: Can't get synch to work
krylo

Nbr post: 1
Register: 2/24/07
Posted: 8/7/12, 12:15 AM

re-upped my paid subscription yesterday....have tried downloading Java several times (64 bit, checked my browser). Cannot get the synch to work....won't retrieve my characters.....where do i go, what do i try?
Sorranbugz

Nbr post: 2
Register: 8/5/12
Posted: 8/7/12, 3:39 AM

Everquest.exe was updated. Waiting Magelo Update to fix it.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 8/7/12, 7:25 AM

Hi krylo,

Magelo Sync has been updated yesterday so your issue should not be related to the patch.

I need the log of Magelo Sync in order to better understand what is going on.
Could you please try again to synchronize your characters and when the error occurs press "ctrl + shift + L" to get the log of Magelo Sync. Please copy his content in your reply.
Thank you
idass

Nbr post: 3
Register: 11/25/02
Posted: 9/15/12, 4:25 PM

I just paid to start my subscription again after being gone for over a year. I installed Java and sync and i get this message

No JVM could be found on your system.
Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com

I have the newest Java installed so I have no idea what it is wanting me to do.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 9/17/12, 12:50 AM

Hello Idass,

If you freshly installed Java 7 and Magelo Sync, the issue might be you didn't removed the previous Java on your computer. Could you please check in your control panel to see if it is still there? If you see Java 6 or previous version listed, you need to remove it.

If nothing changes, please let me know which version of Java you installed (Java 7 32-bits or 64bits?) and which version of windows do you have (Windows 64-bit or 32-bit)?

Thank you
Wablabus

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/16/02
Posted: 9/25/12, 12:47 PM

i tried this suggestion(though i had a fresh install of windows no java) and in installed both 32 and 64 bit java 7, still same error he had.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 9/26/12, 1:37 AM

Hi Wablabus,

Could you please try to start manually the 32-bit version of Magelo Sync, located in your Magelo Sync install folder? You should find it here: C:\Program Files\Magelo\Magelo Sync\MageloSync.exe

If it's working, that's mean the installation of Java 7 64-bit didn't went well but it's not a problem, you can run Magelo Sync in 32-bit. You will need to update the Magelo Sync shortcut on your desktop to launch "MageloSync.exe" instead of "MageloSync64.exe".

Let me know how it goes.