Login / Sign up
> > > AA and Modifier Buttons unclickable on some Profiles

Messages in topic: AA and Modifier Buttons unclickable on some Profiles
Jestar

Nbr post: 39
Register: 11/4/01
Posted: 8/24/12, 1:25 PM

I have noticed lately that on some profiles, one of them being my own, that the AA button and the Modifiers button are unclickable. When I hover over either of these two buttons, they flicker and then disappear, so I cannot click on them.

Yet on some other people's magelo's, I can click on them just fine. The characters that I can and cannot click these two buttons on seem random and not related to last update time, etc. that I can see. That I can click on some profiles but not others seems to suggest it is not a browser or java issue, though I could be mistaken.

Not sure if I put my profile in my signature or not, will edit if I haven't.

Edit:

Here's one that I can't click (mine) http://eq.magelo.com/profile/170915

Here's one that I can click on the same account http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1334465

Edit 2:

I might guess that the background may be the culprit; however, as you might see, I have been using that same background for several years now and haven't touched it.

(90 Shadow Knight) Master Artisan Klotar Klomeister of the Freeport Militia
Sword of Fate ~ Prexus
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 8/27/12, 1:56 AM

Hi Jestar,

The issue is not linked to your profile background image, no worries about that.

A javascript error could explain why you can click on those tabs for a profile but you cannot for another one. But I double check that and I don't see any javascript error on your profile.

It can be a cache issue. Could you open your profile and clear your cache (Press "Ctr+shift+R").
Do you still have the problem? If yes, let me know what browser/version are you using?
I tried to reproduce the issue under FF 14, IE 9 and Chrome 21 but it's working fine.

Thanks for keeping me posted!
Jestar

Posted: 8/28/12, 12:10 PM

Thanks loulina, I think you figured it out.

I had an indication it might be browser/cache related, as after posting, I went home and checked to see if anyone replied. I checked the links in my original post, and the two phantom buttons were fine. Yet, back at work, the two buttons exhibited the same issue.

I am using FF14.0.1. I did Ctrl-Shift-R with my profile loaded and indeed it fixed the issue. The AA and Modifiers buttons were now clickable! However, my Flags and Keys button, which didn't have a problem before, now does.

When I hover over the button that have this problem, it flashes, and what I see at the bottom in the status bar is, "looking up www.magelocdn.com" and "waiting for www.magelocdn.com". Hovering over buttons that are working show simply as "Done".

Since I never look at the Flags and Keys tab, it's no longer an issue personally, and now just a puzzle, hehe. But I'll check back daily to see if you have any ideas.

Sword of Fate ~ Prexus
loulina
Admin

Posted: 8/28/12, 10:59 PM

Actually I also noticed that when I search a solution for your issue and I figured out the image for the hover on the flags and keys icon is missing in purple! It's been years like that I will fix that this week and it will be visible in our next update.
Jestar

Posted: 8/31/12, 11:34 AM

I am not sure if you did anything already, but all buttons seem clickable now, and are not 'flashing'. Yesterday (after I read your reply), they were still flashing but I noticed that if I clicked really fast I could get to the unreachable tab, hehe.

Anyways, just wanted to pass on that I clicked on a bunch of different profiles this morning, and all seems well with all buttons now.

Sword of Fate ~ Prexus
loulina
Admin

Posted: 9/2/12, 11:41 PM

Yes I fixed the issue last Friday and everything is ok now.