Login / Sign up
> > > Aug Scoring

Messages in topic: Aug Scoring
Grinrain

Nbr post: 21
Register: 7/28/02
Posted: 3/18/13, 10:56 AM

I am looking for a way to rank my augs, and search for aug upgrades. Given I am a ranger in game, a single stat such as AC or Heroic Dex does not adequately capture value. I will describe what I would ideally like as if it were a spread sheet.

First column would be the name of the aug, second column would be the "score" of the aug, the rest of the columns would be AC, HP, mana, etc etc so there is a column for every stat. The first row would be the title for each column, the second row would be the weight for each stat. For instance, I would have under hp would be 1 because each hp would be worth one point, under AC would be 5 because I would want each point of AC to be worth 5 points, under mana would be 0.2. I would have the ability to input the weight for each stat as it reflected my style of play. The score of an aug would be the sum of the weight times the number of the particular stat. For the above 3 weights and an aug of 40 ac, 200 hp, 200 mana, the score would be 440. (5*40 + 200*1 + 200*0.2). Would make it easy to find my worse aug. Being able to search the data base for better augs using the score would be great too.

Raid loot site allows you to rank by hp, or ac, or for instance 1 ac = 5 hp, but very limited. Alla's allows you to use 3 stats, but over a very limited range and does not include any heroic.

If you can not use all the stats, maybe let us pick 10 stats and their weight for scoring and ranking.
sparrowhawk

Nbr post: 84
Register: 1/17/03
Posted: 3/21/13, 6:52 AM

Similar request but not quite the same - can we get heroics added to the advance item search ?

(unless i am not them)

Grinrain

Posted: 3/25/13, 10:16 AM

I have a spread sheet version of what I am looking for, if that would help.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/25/13, 4:44 PM

Working on a new item search that should fulfill on your needs, aiming for a release this week !
Llaine

Nbr post: 15
Register: 1/24/11
Posted: 3/27/13, 9:05 AM

Awesome idea! Like the spreadsheet idea.
Grinrain

Posted: 3/28/13, 12:46 AM

Version of the spreadsheet:

http://www.iratus-lepus.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=10444
Carnon
Advisor

Nbr post: 194
Register: 3/27/08
Posted: 3/28/13, 11:19 PM

We use use a spread sheet in my guild also to help us choose our augs... But aug rankings will change for what class or how someone wants to gear their toon... lately I adjusted my rankings to rate ac and heroic agi augs higher up on the chart then some of the mana heroic wis augs.. It can be a pain at first to set it up.. but once you have it there you just grab your data file for your toon and input it.

But i would like a way to rank my augs like you can rank characters on magelo.. you can look up top clerics on your server by hp or mana or ac or whatever.. i would love a way to do the same with augs.

Good idea!

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Carnon
Advisor

Posted: 3/28/13, 11:21 PM

could not view file without having to register for your website 8(. any way around that? email maby?

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Grinrain

Posted: 3/29/13, 1:52 AM

Supposedly, you can read, just not post without registering. Give me an email address, would be happy to mail it to you. - Blair
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/5/13, 11:54 AM

Finally done !
Your search would be something similar to that:
> http://eq.magelo.com/items/54?f=c0_0_0|c3_0_0|c1_0_0&w=0_1|1_0.2|3_5
Carnon
Advisor

Posted: 4/6/13, 4:05 AM

can email me at Brad_carnon@yahoo.com

thank you!

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Carnon
Advisor

Posted: 4/12/13, 9:03 PM

not sure if I got your email or not.. my nephew was on my computer and deleted all my messages and cleaned out the trash can.. can ya either give me your email address or resend me the spreadsheet please? I still cant see your spreadsheet from the link 8(

thanks!
CaRn

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric