Login / Sign up
> > > Sync works for one character, but not the other

Messages in topic: Sync works for one character, but not the other
neckpain101

Nbr post: 1
Register: 3/22/13
Posted: 3/22/13, 8:10 AM

So I thought I was bugged when I was trying to sync my main. I get the "unable to sync, please try again late"

However, I attempted to sync a different character, on the same computer, during the same session and it worked fine. How is it that some will sync, and some wont? I fully re-installed java 32 and 64 bit, I have fully re-patched EQ, i have fully logged in and out, i have even tried a SECOND computer, fresh install of everything, and still cant sync my character. My last resort would be buying a name change and trying but I refuse to do that.

I checked the system, my name is no where on the records, so that shouldn't be blocking it. I couldn't even manually do a profile if i wanted, as it wont even let me get that far! This really hurts. Wasting so much time on this.

To make my situation clear. I have 6 accounts logged in at the same time. Sync works on all 6 but one. Frustrated, I got my laptop, loaded EQ, fresh install of java, fresh install of sync, still same error when syncing that one character.

Please fix this!
Montigue

Nbr post: 13
Register: 4/25/02
Posted: 3/23/13, 1:14 AM

Is your character guilded? This is something I found out tonight. Syncing wouldn't work for me on unguilded characters. So I made a fake guild invited each other sync'd up fine then deleted the guild. They can all be sync'd now.

neckpain202

Nbr post: 1
Register: 3/22/13
Posted: 3/23/13, 3:33 AM

Hey there, I have tried both guilded and unguilded. The raiding guild that I am applying to wants to see my AA spread and I cant even sync a basic profile. I have tried almost everything. I hope they can fix this soon =(.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 3/25/13, 12:46 AM

Sorry guys for those recent issues with Magelo Sync.
We are currently looking into them and we will keep you posted.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11395
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/25/13, 4:10 AM

Should be fixed for good now ! Thanks for your patience in this matter guys.
Paloverde
Premium User

Nbr post: 41
Register: 4/18/07
Posted: 2/14/17, 7:47 PM

Just one of my several characters will not sync. Seems there is a problem again.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11395
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 2/14/17, 8:30 PM

Hi Paloverde,

Can you please open a new bug issue mentioning with the following info:
  • Character name
  • Magelo Sync log
  • What will not sync exactly mean ? Do you see the sync button but when you sync there is an error and it turns red ?

Thanks !
Paloverde
Premium User

Nbr post: 41
Register: 4/18/07
Posted: 2/16/17, 9:00 AM

The affected character was Lotta. The sync would begin, but then a red bar would cross saying that sync could not work. The problem was for Lotta only.

This morning (Wednesday February 15), I started sync download while Lotta was the logged-in character. Loaded successfully. I looked at the "last sync" for Lotta. The date and time seemed to show that the sync that supposedly was refused had actually worked. I activated the sync on Lotta and the sync proceeded and completed successfully. It appears no further action is necessary.