Login / Sign up
> > > Tradeskill Section for EverQuest

Messages in topic: Tradeskill Section for EverQuest
Terri19047

Nbr post: 70
Register: 3/23/13
Posted: 3/28/13, 1:46 PM

I apologize if this doesn't go here, so little places to choose from!

I don't see this as a bug though, but more of a "things that need updating".

I am new to EverQuest after a few years, and was told this had a great updated site for info on tradeskills (which it does!)

But I am finding one thing odd that might need to be looked at.

In some recipies, where it tells what tool needs to be used, it is just a code number so I have no idea what kit I'd need to use.

Example is Fleeting Quiver: Fleeting Quiver

What is Item: #17766 supposed to relate to?

There are quite a number of recipies that have this (if not the exact number) so I try to make a Comment in the recipe in hopes it will get fixed.

Thanks.
Kaspin
Premium User

Nbr post: 119
Register: 2/12/02
Posted: 3/28/13, 6:19 PM

I would assume Tool is the container used to combine the items.

In the case of fleeting quiver, 17766 probably refers to a loom, which isn't a regular item, so can't exist in the items database.

Terri19047

Posted: 3/28/13, 11:48 PM

Ah I see.

So pretty much, assume anything that has a number code as the normal thing? Because I have seen Forge and New Tannan Forge in recipies ....
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/29/13, 1:49 AM

Well normal thing is a strong word, I should improve this to replace known game objects such as a loom with a textual description, like "Loom" instead of "Item #17766".

I will also improve the readability of the reagents by putting only one per line and add their icons as well.
Terri19047

Posted: 3/30/13, 3:00 PM

Thank you! I was getting a bit confused but I think I understand what you mean.

This is the best place I"ve found for my tradeskilling addiction, so thanks again for looking at this!
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/5/13, 11:50 AM

Hi Terri19047,

I have updated our recipe tooltip to better layout the ingredients as you can see on recipe you linked : Fleeting Quiver. I will soon investigate those tools to check how I can improve this part as well.

By the way, do you know you can link any thing from the database using the autocomplete feature ? For example, type the beginning name of a item and press Ctrl + Space. If you have a compound name, you can highlight the terms and then Ctrl + Space.