Login / Sign up
> > > Changing food on non premium

Messages in topic: Changing food on non premium
Bartlot

Nbr post: 15
Register: 1/2/03
Posted: 4/7/13, 12:32 AM

Is there anyway to change food and drink on non premium members? If not is there anyway we could get an update on this to be able to? Have not been able to show correct Stats on magelo mainly because of this.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/7/13, 12:41 AM

Hi Bartlot,

I will take care of this next week, will keep you posted.
Bartlot

Posted: 4/7/13, 1:13 AM

Thank you, very much!

The only other thing i would point out is the evolving item in the ammo slot Resonating Stone Tear is the current one i have which is 11/20 levels done. This Says its 2% modifier to Defense but it is actually restricted to 5 max on defense skill at Resonating Stone Tear. Where on Magelo it adds 8 to defense skill.

At 20/20 it turns into "The Tear of Alaris" Which is a Defense Modifier 5% which is restricted to 10max Defense Skill. At level 20 it turns into a type 3 augmentation which i got no idea if you ran into but i would imagine it also holds the restriction.

I did not keep track of the other Levels but they all have a restriction to the the skill gained and is not pure % of the defense skill. Which i have no idea if this easy or hard fix. But all 20 levels on ammo have different name and restriction to the skill. Where no level will exceed a 10 defense skill increase.

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 4/7/13, 7:35 AM

Interesting... I somehow don't think that this capping happens only for evolving items, I would think that all +% skill modifier items are capped in a similar fashion. What do you think ?

Anyhow I will check how we can handle that, putting it in our backlog for now, thanks.
Kaspin
Premium User

Nbr post: 119
Register: 2/12/02
Posted: 4/7/13, 1:26 PM

I posted on the skill modifier caps before: http://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=11229

Bartlot

Posted: 4/7/13, 1:30 PM

I can point out a few of them, which would show that you are right about them all capping in same way.

Icy Prism of Avoidance, Dodge by 8% has a max of 36 allowed to dodge skill.

The 15% trade skill ones cap at a 45 skill increase cap.

The 12% trade skill ones cap at 36 skill increase cap.

So it seems even if its a % of the skill increase it has a max of how much it can do. Which would make it really not a % based off the skill, but a percent based on the max of restriction first then based on the max of the skill at same time. But on the dodge and Defense one Classes will all be different based on there cap of the skill.

But the only one that has really effected Magelo stats would be the Defense one because it directly effects our AC.

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 4/7/13, 2:09 PM

Thanks Kaspin for the link !

I understand now how this works and will implement the cap properly very soon.
elricvon

Nbr post: 20
Register: 2/14/09
Posted: 4/11/13, 5:09 AM

Thank you very much for changing these!
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 4/11/13, 5:26 AM

One question, how do they stack with each other ?
Bartlot

Posted: 4/11/13, 2:06 PM

Modifiers of the same skill do not stack with each other. The highest is took into effect and the other is ignored, if that's the question?

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 4/11/13, 11:07 PM

Yep that was the question, thanks Barlot !

I believe right now, i do stack them instead of picking the best one..
Altreal1
Premium User

Nbr post: 220
Register: 1/16/07
Posted: 4/24/13, 5:50 PM

Funny, I recall posting on this 13 months ago; interested to see how much AC I lose when the fix is implemented.

http://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=10209

May also look into why the defense modifier is not updating AC when the Tear has been converted to the type 3 aug. Denyu lost 200 AC on Magelo after converting from item to aug. http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2402605
Bartlot

Posted: 4/27/13, 3:22 AM

Its easy to find out just nerf your skill lvl from max pre tear to 10 over cap and that would be your accurate ac.

Bartlot

Posted: 5/4/13, 6:13 PM

Hows the food coming that a tough fix for non premium?

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/6/13, 10:24 AM

Oky finally patched the website to both handle food/drink manually and fix the stacking of the +skill modifier items.
  • You can now on a per profile basis (works with alt profile as well), specify the food and drink you want, it is handled as an equipment slot. For premium users, if those slots are empty, it fallbacks to scanning your inventory, like before and like ingame.
  • Items with skill modifier are properly capped now and display their cap in their tooltip
  • Skill modifier for same skill does not stack any longer, only the strongest is taken into account.

That's it, let us know if you encounter any further issue regarding the above.