Login / Sign up
> > > Sync64

Messages in topic: Sync64
TheBigZ

Nbr post: 5
Register: 10/30/01
Posted: 7/17/13, 1:47 PM

Been having some issues with 64bit version of Sync, that seem to have started with the last patch. If I leave Sync open but minimized, when I click the icon down in the tray later it's window comes up but it's all black. And you can't close it anymore without killing it in task manager. Seems to work when it's up, but it gets wonky after it's been minimized.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 7/19/13, 4:50 AM

Hi TheBigZ,
You may have the same kind of issue reported in this thread: Can not get Magelo Sync to work.
Do you have Windows XP installed on your computer? Can you manage to get a log from Magelo Sync?
TheBigZ

Nbr post: 5
Register: 10/30/01
Posted: 7/19/13, 12:45 PM

Win7 Pro here. I did see that thread, but it didn't seem to be the same issue to me. Sync works just fine when I run it. The problem occurs when it's minimized to the tray for more than a few hours. It's screen is black when you restore it from the tray, and hitting the red X won't close it. It has to be killed from the task manager. And this just started occuring since the last patch or two. I'll see if I can get a log. It "feels" memory leak in nature, but the simple memory monitor widget that I run doesn't reflect any abnormal decrease in available memory/
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 7/21/13, 10:32 PM

Thanks TheBigZ for those details. We need in fact the log of Magelo Sync to understand what is going on. It stills can be a memory issue and it's normal you don't see it, as Magelo Sync is capped at 64MB, so it will never take away your whole system if it is going crazy.

For the log, when the error occurs, pres CTRL+SHIFT+L to open the log window. You can also find it in your Magelo Sync installation directory (magelo.log)

Thanks for your help!