Login / Sign up
> > > Character titles

Messages in topic: Character titles
Nissassa

Nbr post: 7
Register: 4/8/11
Posted: 9/24/13, 6:49 AM

Hi there,

I have a premium account that currently houses six characters (four mains, two secondary). When I go to edit my identity card on the newly synced character, it won't allow me to add in my title of "the Destroyer of Worlds". When I choose to display only my first name and title, hitting submit gives me an error of "You have to toggle off one or more part(s ) of your name."

I checked some forum posts and it is said that there is a 28-character limit, but there is another toon on my account that is currently 32-characters when adding up his first name, spaces and title. This particular toon hasn't been synced in a while, so I was wondering if the character limit had been shortened in patches since his last sync. If that's the case, is there anyway to increase that limit again? Including spaces, " the Destroyer of Worlds" is already 24-characters in and of itself, so there are very few toons out there that will be capable of displaying that title!

At any rate, this is just my best guess. If it doesn't deal with character limit, I'm pretty stumped! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much!
Nissassa

Posted: 9/25/13, 3:41 PM

Anyone? Still not working :\.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11406
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 9/25/13, 3:57 PM

Hi Nissassa,

Can you tell us which character you are referring to ?
Nissassa

Posted: 9/26/13, 2:20 AM

Aldryn (Bard) is the character that I'm trying to change the identity card for; I'm trying to make it read "Aldryn the Destroyer of Worlds." Nissassa the Destroyer of Worlds is the character that I'm referring to that already has such a title beyond 28 characters.
Nissassa

Posted: 9/28/13, 5:27 PM

With the amount of responses this thread has gotten (compared to others) I'm just going to assume that it's either a maxed number of characters in the name or that there's no one capable of answering.

If there's any chance that someone may be able to answer why it would be allowed for one character but not another, however, please do feel free to respond as I'm quite curious!
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 9/29/13, 1:42 AM

HI Nissassa,

Dont worry, I will have a look at this and will get back to you with an answer. It's just that my hands have been pretty full the past few days...
Nissassa

Posted: 9/29/13, 1:47 AM

No problem; definitely understandable! Thanks a lot, I appreciate it
Nissassa

Posted: 10/4/13, 12:28 AM

...Bueller...

...Bueller...
Nissassa

Posted: 10/6/13, 11:36 PM

Just go ahead and delete this, not even worth the wait anymore. Thanks for any responses I did get.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 10/7/13, 1:38 PM

Hey Nissassa, dont give up just yet

Issue is now fixed, I don't limit the number of characters anymore, just the total width in pixels which allows a greater precision to what you can show. I believe you should be able to display your title just fine now.