Kaduren
Premium User

Nbr post: 13
Register: 5/20/02
Posted: 9/6/14, 4:46 PM

PROBLEM

Magelo Sync will not launch.

HISTORY

Last week sometime I received a Network Failure message and I just figured a new patch was happening.

Today it is still happening, so I captured the message.

ERROR MESSAGE

Network Failure
The launcher was unable to download a required file /sync/launcher/16/sync.launch?16.1410031088381

ACTIONS

• Uninstalled Magelo Sync
  • Downloaded the latest version today (9/6/2014)
  • Installed newest version
  • Still getting the error

Any help?
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1639
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 9/9/14, 7:52 AM

As stated in the other forum, check your network side of things (firewall, IP blocks, etc) – this is not a Magelo error, but rather a lack of connection problem.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
Kaduren
Premium User

Posted: 9/10/14, 11:17 PM

DID THAT

The first thing I did even before sending out the message was completely disabling the firewall (both MS and my anti-virus suite) and Malware-bytes website protection. I did it again before sending this message just for sanity's sake and still no luck.

I can understand why you'd say it's on the network side of things, after all, the first message you see is "Network Failure". Then again, the path, /sync/launcher/16/sync.launch?16.1410031088381 is not on my side; it relies on a good network connection to download prior to patching.

THE BUG

The bug I perceive is that my client isn't talking properly to the server (I'm assuming a client-server relationship here). It could be that the file I'm requesting doesn't exist, or I'm requesting the wrong file, but I'd like someone on Magelo's side to check that out for me.

CURIOUS

Can anyone else can tell what version they're running and post?

BTW, Thanks for the reply, Fenthen. I should've noted that I'd disabled the firewalls already.
Kaduren
Premium User

Posted: 9/24/14, 2:18 AM

FIXED!

HERES HOW:
  1. I downloaded and installed the 32-bit version of Java jre 7.
  2. Opened a Windows browser to C:\Program Files\Magelo\Magelo Sync
  3. Ran the "MageloSync.exe" program.

The default on my machine appears to be "MageloSync64.exe" and for some reason not working with the 64-bit version of Java.

Why blame the FW???

So, for the people blaming firewalls, why would it work for the 32-bit version and not the 64-bit version? Not every Network Failure should be put in the Firewall bucket. Sure, it's a good place to start, but please don't think it's always the culprit. Also, be open to workarounds. This can be frustrating to people who are having a hard time figuring it out.

By the way, I found someone else had the same error with this message. Try using 32-bit and you'll at least be able to update:

The launcher was unable to download a required file (/sync/launcher/17/sync.launch?17.1411539330874). If it is the first time this problem occurs, try running Magelo Sync once again.