Login / Sign up
> > > The New Format has to go

Messages in topic: The New Format has to go
Neikkas

Nbr post: 7
Register: 5/15/04
Posted: 9/17/14, 1:47 AM

Please change the ranking format and search back to what it was before. It is hard to find people and a lot of extra work to find what you want to see in the new format when you are trying to compare rankings. Most people that I have talked to seem to dislike the new layout.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 9/18/14, 11:27 PM

Hi Neikkas,

I noticed we posted an update on the Ranking the same day you posted your suggestion. Did you see the improvements we made? Please read Jelan comments in the Ranking news for more details.

Regarding your suggestion, could you explain why it's hard to find people in the new rankings? What did you do before you cannot do anymore?

Can you also explain why it's difficult to compare rankings? The old format was displaying many statistics by default, often not relevant to the class you where looking at. With the new format you can focus on the statistics that matters and the filters you add. Please give me an example or explain what you mean? We will improve the tool the best we can thanks to your comment, so don't hesitate to give me more feedback.

Thanks a lot for your help
nubo

Nbr post: 19
Register: 7/16/03
Posted: 9/22/14, 6:36 PM

What I believe he means, (because its my main problem) is that you dont get an overview on the stats thats ranked. You only get to see total sum of something you really have no clue what it is in the composite that caused it to get that high.

The listing should contain atleast all the actual values it derives points from (and not what point values it results in).

That way you can quickly see actual stats that are directly compareable to your own stats, instead of just the composite value which is pretty useless unless you spent lots of time learning how different tradeoffs affects it.

Might make it an option to include in list for those who just wants one simple number?

In the old list you could quickly see how much AC someone "sacrificed" to get more HP, how much hINT someone actually have to get to get their manaregen to current levels. How some prefer Spelldamage over some other value. Previously you had Alt 1 + 2 columns for the added values together with all basics values you knew well how they worked (and their caps).

The idea of Composite Values to rank people however is great and I wanted it since day one (and long before EQplayers), and been using a homebrew of it myself so glad it finally appears.

// And for the curious: Homebrew system ignores value over cap for stuff since haveing shielding 50 or 100 makes no difference with a cap of 35. Some stuff gets a lot less return, as some margin good to have. (If you forced to use some quest/mission specific slot at some time and thus loosing stats.)