Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo Client won't open

Messages in topic: Magelo Client won't open
Yak

Nbr post: 26
Register: 6/13/08
Posted: 11/11/14, 7:42 PM

It has been some time since I last synced with Magelo.
Tonight (after reaching 105) I tried to open the client but within a nanosecond I got the following error msg:

"No JVM could be found on your system.
Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download JRE from www.jave.com"

Now I am absolutely sure that I have the latest version of JAVA and that it is working fine with other applications that require it.

Please help ASAP...
(OS is Windows 7)

Thanks much in advance,
- Yak Shaya (Yakush on EQ and Yak on Magelo)

wayben

Nbr post: 2
Register: 1/17/06
Posted: 11/13/14, 7:58 AM

I'm getting the same message. Have you figured out how to fix it?
Byratan

Nbr post: 58
Register: 2/12/09
Posted: 11/13/14, 8:05 AM

I think you need to download both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Don't know why, but that usually works...
Yak

Nbr post: 26
Register: 6/13/08
Posted: 11/13/14, 10:52 AM

I spent spent hours uninstalling and reinstalling different versions of Java and I messed up with Environment Variables (under Advanced System Settings under System Properties) as per a discussion I found in Magelo forums from 2012. Nothing worked
I got really mad and completely uninstalled and re-installed Magelo Sync. When I tried to run the MageloSync64.exe I got the same stupid error message. But then, out of despair, I ran the non-64 executable - MageloSync.exe - et voila! it opened and worked fine
Don't ask me what that means. I am just glad that I have found a way for Magelo to work again...

loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 11/19/14, 3:33 AM

Yes you need to install both Java 7 32-bit and Java 7 64-bit. It's recommended by Java.
Magelo Sync will works fine as soon as it's done.