> > > Update notes - 11 January

Messages in topic: Update notes - 11 January
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 1/11/07, 11:06 AM

1/ Game content

Following our development roadmap, we are happy to announce the opening of our new pages dedicated to the game content.

You can now find very useful information about related to NPCs and Zones from Everquest, lookout for the two new links in the Features menu to your left.

Here is what’s available in both sections:
  • For each expansion you will find the zone list grouped by type, indoor, outdoor and city for instance.
  • For each zone you will find the NPCs list related to it as well a link to the items list dropping in this zone
  • For each NPC you will find the loot table of that NPC ordered by their rarity (rare, uncommon, common), with of course, a link to the details of each objects.
As for the items section, Magelo Update will now be also in charge to update automatically zones and npcs related content. The way it works is that every time you playing with MU running on the background, the client will collect that ‘it sees’. For instance, suppose you have killed a mob, by simply opening its loot window - no need to loot the items – MU will capture the items list and send them automatically to our database, making the information available to all the community. The same is true for merchant inventory table.

So from time to time, please launch MU and let it run in the background, this will contribute to the database and to the community in general. Thanks ;)

Please, note that this content is accessible by all users. And finally, a new section dedicated to Quests will be available soon. Stay tuned!

2/ Get more game slots

By popular request it is now possible to add 5 extra game slots on top of the 3 already existing to your account for $24.95. Find more information in “my account” page.

3/ Magelo Update bug fix
  • The authentication issue, thank you for your patience on the matter.
  • Solved an issue where some slots were randomly not synchronized correctly.

4/ Coming soon

Still moving toward our roadmap, here’s what’s in store next :
  • Equipment upgrade tools
  • Guild tools
  • Sig Maker

As always, your feedbacks are appreciated, thank you!

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
TobermoryTo

Nbr post: 43
Register: 1/3/03
Posted: 1/11/07, 8:00 PM

Been running MU all evening. Various zones. Seems that it hasnt picked up any items. Indeed, selecting "all droppable items" gives a null list for any zone I've tried.

Is it supposed to be picking up items yet?
mitsune
Premium User

Nbr post: 22
Register: 12/3/01
Posted: 1/12/07, 11:02 AM

It is picking up the items I am looting. Well done!

Tiny bugs:
  • NPC loot table: The calculated drop rate seems to be off.
  • NPCs in zone: Mounts and auras should be ignored.

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle

Dyfrin Deathseeker

Nbr post: 91
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 1/12/07, 11:04 AM

If I am seeing this right, this is amazing!
once bugs are worked out this will completely pwn all other services. lucy item collector works but doesn't link to mobs, this puts you way ahead of competition. Not only tracking mobs, but also when you loot from them will create the most accurate loot database.

bravo!

[Dyfrin|javascript:channelProfile("eq",26510)]
Half-Elf Lyricist
TobermoryTo

Nbr post: 43
Register: 1/3/03
Posted: 1/12/07, 1:24 PM

(nt) - got it working.

ASPePeX

Nbr post: 15
Register: 7/29/03
Posted: 1/13/07, 11:58 AM

I'm hunting in Icefall at the spiders camp for the last 2 days, the loot is synced correctly except for the RK. II spells/tombs/songs. E.g. I looted Chilling Renewal Rk. II today but it still doesn't show up for an Icefall crawler.

edit: this is a great tool .... what Dyfrin said

------------------------------------------
Patience is the key!
Thazager

Nbr post: 10
Register: 5/5/03
Posted: 1/14/07, 8:24 PM

On eqplayers, they have my correct AC, and not the right equipment in the slots. (they upgraded only new stats when I got a few new items.) All the base stats are correct.

I believe that the AC is contained somewhere in the file that you show the items from, and does not have to be calculated for magelo. Try looking for it.

Zzzapp
Felith

Nbr post: 10
Register: 1/15/05
Posted: 1/17/07, 8:27 AM

Good Job $

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1165670
Gelvelik

Nbr post: 23
Register: 1/8/03
Posted: 1/21/07, 3:29 PM

As far as looting goes..

How will it work when items are looted from chests?
pullkinek

Nbr post: 1
Register: 4/17/02
Posted: 1/22/07, 1:15 AM

Regarding the $24.95 price for adding 5 extra slots.

Under "About Game Slots" in "My Account"

Once and only once during your subscription :
  • You can free all your game slots.
  • You can add 5 extra game slots.

Does this mean the $24.95 is a ONE TIME fee? I can upgrade to premium, then do another $24.95? Or is it $24.95 extra a year? What happens if your account lapses after the first year, do you have to pay another $24.95 to get 5 more slots if you reup to premium then?
urzsa

Nbr post: 41
Register: 4/4/02
Posted: 1/25/07, 10:18 AM

couple things im getting with the npc loot tables, and npc's in general.

1) eyes are being picked up, aka Eye of Gukmuk in icefall

2) a lot of npc's are listed twice, same info and everything just one has a loot table, one doesn't.
a) http://eq.magelo.com/do_npcs.jspa?name=crawler&zone=400&expansion=12&minLevel=1&maxLevel=100&raceBodyId=
lists 2 an icefall crawler same zone, same expansion, same class, same body type and same level range

thats about all i got, other then that looks great, might concider subscribing soonish
aprilbeapril

Nbr post: 1
Register: 12/14/06
Posted: 2/2/07, 12:01 PM

Ishaar I'm loving the new NPC thing and I can't wait for it to have enough info to be really useful. I'm keeping on the updater as much as possible.

A few bugs though:
The same item dropping from different mobs becomes multiple items sometimes. IE, it should be easy to see that pop ornate bracer molds drop both from random stuff in sol ro and from a certain mob in BoT, but it isn't.

Empty corpses don't count for anything, so mobs that just drop one thing very rarely say the item is 100% common, which is very misleading.

Chardok B wasn't on the list last I looked. (sorry, I'm playing on progression).
paulorr

Nbr post: 92
Register: 3/8/05
Posted: 2/3/07, 12:26 AM

empty corpses do get counted as a observed loot although no loot nothing gets added to the database