Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo Startup Error: No JVM Could Be Found On Your System

Messages in topic: Magelo Startup Error: No JVM Could Be Found On Your System
Byren

Nbr post: 20
Register: 9/30/04
Posted: 2/8/15, 12:06 PM

I go to java.com and click the [Free Java Download] red button. It goes to https://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp?locale=en and says: Recommended Version 8 Update 31 (filesize: 624 KB)

Click the [Agree and Start Free Download] red button there. I download the jxpiinstall.exe file and install it. When it's done, it opens Firefox and says it's installed.

I reload Magelo and it promptly throws up again.

So, I Google: windows 7 java 32-bit jre download

Oracle has the first link saying: JRE Installation for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) - Oracle
GREAT! Go there and . . . I'm lost. No link to where to download this JRE? I refuse to use the other Google listed links like Softronic, et al, because they LOVE to load their installer with crapware that nobody should ever install.

It's simple: How do I fix this issue that I am having with Magelo and no other program that uses Java.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 2/9/15, 2:05 AM

It's recommended to have both Java 32-bit and Java 64-bit installed on your computer.

Here's a link to all Java downloads on the Java website: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You can download the 32-bit version of Java 8 there.

Let me know how it goes.
Thanks!
Byren

Nbr post: 20
Register: 9/30/04
Posted: 2/9/15, 4:01 AM

Thank you for your assistance, it worked like a charm! My Magelo required the 64-bit version in order to work properly and I had merely installed the 32-bit version.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 2/13/15, 2:13 AM

Great!
Shimazuul
Premium User

Nbr post: 2
Register: 2/6/10
Posted: 5/9/15, 9:07 PM

I am getting this message. I have the current Java JVM installed, version 8 update 45. Magelo Sync will not start up. Is there a manual way to add characters? I know there used to be, but I can't find a way. Please help. Thanks
loulina
Admin

Posted: 5/12/15, 12:07 AM

Hi Shimazuul,

There is no way to manually add a character on magelo anymore.
You need to use Magelo Sync so that we validate your character exists in the game.

Just make sure you have both Java 32-bit and Java 64-bit installed on your computer. Magelo Sync will work fine.

Robanhud

Nbr post: 3
Register: 6/16/13
Posted: 5/27/15, 6:37 PM

I don't see a 32bit version to download on there.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 5/29/15, 12:19 AM

Hi Robanhud,

Go to the Java download page: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
The "Windows Offline" link is to download the 32 bit version of Java.

Don't know why for the 64 bit, they say "Windows Offline (64 bit)" while for the 32 bit they just say "Windows Offline"... anyway, Magelo Sync should work fine if you install both.

Robanhud

Nbr post: 3
Register: 6/16/13
Posted: 5/30/15, 8:01 PM

It still installed 64 bit. Why cant Magelo change it so 64 bit works. Would make it easier for everyone. No need to update my subscription again if I cant use it.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 5/30/15, 9:37 PM

Of course we support 64-bit! We insist on recommending our users to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java, to make sure Java is working watever their computers and browsers settings.