Login / Sign up
> > > charm I have never heard of

Messages in topic: charm I have never heard of
ronin

Nbr post: 3
Register: 1/3/07
Posted: 1/23/07, 1:51 PM

heya I clicked on Ranking, then bstlord which was 2nd from the top. after you click that you see the rankings and at the top of the list is someone called Noname. His stats where way crazy so I click his name to bring up his equipment and the only thing on him is a Charm called "Serpent Seekers Charm of Lore" is this real? or a joke.......and if not who do I have to sleep with to get one
ronin

Nbr post: 3
Register: 1/3/07
Posted: 1/23/07, 2:02 PM

Ok never mind this guy must have change the item somehow because i found the real stats on the charm... wonder how he did that though
Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore
LORE ITEM NO TRADE MAGIC ITEM
Weight: 0.5 Size: SMALL
Slot: CHARM
AC: +15 Str: +14 Dex: +14 Sta: +14 Cha: +14 Wis: +14 Int: +14 Agi: +14 Fire Resist: +14 Disease Resist: +14 Cold Resist: +14 Magic Resist: +14 Poison Resist: +14 HP: +235 Mana: +235 End: +235
Classes: All Classes
Races: All Races
Slot 1: Type 7
Required: Yes

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 1/23/07, 7:18 PM

Charms are variable items, the stats of which vary depending on whatever affects the charm. Users can manually insert the strength of these items relative to the 100% strength version (which is the base version in our database), so for instance putting a charm at 300% means it effectively has triple the amount of the base stats, or putting it at 50% means it has half of the base stats.

As you can understand, charms have a minimum and a maximum ingame, between which the stats on a charm can vary. Under Magelo, those minimum and maximum ranges are not properly considered - and people abuse that to create fake profiles with insane stats. Jelan is working on this, though, and is going to implement something soon to remedy this. Charms with insane stats should be a thing of history then .
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 1/24/07, 7:15 AM

Before they are committed to history let's have them spend a period of time with negative current stats.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.